Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-03-2004, 09:12 PM

Default Marine PFC Chance Phelps, 19, returns home

"Somebody doesn't have a fashion sense. According to the fashion expert on Queer Eye for the Straight Guy they would have been much better off with a navy blue instead of the royal blue they are using."

Hmmm. You might have a point about that blue.

I recently read an article about a Marine private first class returning home from Iraq and according to the description he was dressed in blues. Also his father found it appropriate to make a painting for the occasion and use some blue patina "to simulate moonlight" as he said. What gimps, huh?
Old 05-04-2004, 12:02 AM

Default Re: \"This morality stuff is all B.S. anyway\" ?!

There go two and a half thousand years of human endeavors to define morality! All for B.S. apparently.

Beautiful. Instead of answering the question you want to make wise cracks. But again you refuse to answer the question.....hmmm....I am starting to think you cant.

If you put it this way, alright. Here are today's highlights of war ethics :

-sigh- you have answered nothing. I feel bad for you because I realize you are in a tough spot. You spouted off and now you are trying to answer a question that has no answer. of course, some one of your intellect realizes that to say Geneva says its wrong says nothing of the nature of the two acts in question.

Funny how you completely avoided my question about whether it would have been better to torture 10 men or to fry 150,000+ people. -sigh-

(patiently) The artical has everything to do with the war in Iraq. To wit :

The U.S. is supposedly engaged in the War Against Terror. The U.S. twists tha arm of every nation in the world ("if you're not with us, etc") to join in that War. The U.S. invades Iraq as part of that wWar, joined by token soldiery from "coalition country-members". The participation of those countris, I submit, is a joke! They are only there to curry American favors - which only shows the moral and political bankruptsy of the war in Iraq. A moral bankrupsy that is evident, among other things, when a country-member intentionally kills off a bunch of illegal Pakistani immigrants and says they were terrorists in order to win brownie points from the U.S.

Now, if you wanted to make an argument that this was about the war on terror, well that would make a little more sense. However, that is not what you did - and you know it. This event had zero to do with Iraq. Hey, speaking of the war on terror, did you hear that little story about some planes flying into building? You might not of heard of it as it got so little play in the press.

Old 05-04-2004, 02:36 AM

Default Twisting faster than a chubby checker

"Again you refuse to answer the question.....hmmm....I am starting to think you cant."

I have already answered the question about torture and killing. "I can provide you with an explanatioon but I am not obliged to make you understand".

And you could do worse than study that cant fella.

"Funny how you completely avoided my question about whether it would have been better to torture 10 men or to fry 150,000+ people."

What is funny is the mentality you share with war criminals who think precisely along these lines (i.e. we tortured --and gassed and maimed etcetera-- thousands in order to save millions , and usually it's millions of our people, some superioor race or sumthin'). On closer look, it isn't funny at all.

"If you wanted to make an argument that [the killings in Macedonia] was about the war on terror, well that would make a little more sense. However, that is not what you did - and you know it. This event had zero to do with Iraq."

George W Bush is currently conducting a whole war, in a country called Iraq, right after conducting a war in another country, named Afghanistan, both explicitly part of the War Against Terror.

The events in Macedonia are directly and explicitly tied to that War Against Terror, part of which is supposedly (your folks' words) the war in Iraq. Both idiotically conducted and bound to fail. I can forgive you not understanding the part about failure since I accept you cannot see beyond petty politics, but not understanding the Macedonia part is doofus thinking. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]