Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-23-2004, 12:22 PM

Default Re: Do You Call With QQ Here?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Huh?
He wins over half the time vs. two opponents with his QQ. This call is ubber easy.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you misunderstood. I meant that since we knew what the cards were and how it played out anyone could say he should have layed it down. Certainly not at the time. I happen to agree with you and I give him credit for playing a really fine tournament as an "amateur".

[/ QUOTE ]

Even if (especially if) Barry and Chip showed him their cards (AKs and K5s) he has a call.
The only way he can fold is if the dealer shows him the flop preflop.
Old 04-22-2004, 07:38 PM

Default Here\'s what Mr. Dot Com had to say....

Copy from Paul Phillips' livejournal:
"It can sure be frustrating reading the abysmal quality of the poker analysis on rgp. Nearly everyone that has commented on the tunica WPT episode seems to think the car wash guy played badly. No way.

Here's the question for all the late-inning quarterbacks who can see the cards: what if barry hadn't flopped a K on the JJ vs. AK hand, and car wash guy had moved in and shut him out of seeing the final two cards? That happens a lot more often than the K-high flop.

And since Barry moved in with AK in the BB in the big double-bust hand, you don't think there's any chance he'd do the same with JJ or TT or 99? How do you like QQ in that spot? What if Barry had just called with AK and he'd (again) shut him out on a low flop?

A lot of people seem to have gotten the idea that it's automatically right to push all-in and automatically wrong to call, no matter what the hands are. People make this error constantly even when the bet can only be called when losing, or when the call could beat a ton of hands. Look, the point is to WIN THE MONEY, not to get a medal for betting your chips off instead of calling them.

Anyone who thinks his play with the JJ and QQ are automatically bad has a lot of learning to do. I would suggest getting out the pencil and paper and calculating his tournament equity in the face of what hands he might be up against and how the succeeding action might go.

That said, I'd probably have moved in on the QQ hand... but it's close. On the JJ hand he did a great job of avoiding going broke and increasing the JJ vs. AK edge substantially by giving himself a chance to shut barry out on the flop. Everyone is a genius when their AK is hitting the flop.

And folding to the all-in from Barry AFTER calling with the QQ is beyond stupid."

I couldn't agree more.
Old 04-26-2004, 09:36 PM

Default Re: Do You Call With QQ Here?

No chance in hell Im folding QQ in this situation. I would have usually raised allin myself if I were him.