Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Probability
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-24-2004, 01:51 PM

Default Re: AK vs A5 anomaly?

Does it bother anyone that the opponent could not have had a flush on the flop based on the information given by the post?
Old 04-26-2004, 04:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So here's a problem - you know that your opponent has AKo. You can choose any 2 unpaired, unsuited, cards to oppose it. What cards do you choose?

[/ QUOTE ]

I choose another AKo.
Old 04-26-2004, 05:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I choose another AKo.

[/ QUOTE ]

I tried that, he wouldn't let me.
Old 04-26-2004, 05:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I choose another AKo.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[/ QUOTE ]

In that case, I choose 7-2o. Go out in a blaze of crapulence.

Hey, I figured out how to use quotes! woo-hoo!
Old 04-27-2004, 03:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Quote:

Quote:

I choose another AKo.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does it really matter? Any Ace or King will be dominated, and any other cards have the exact same chance of hitting without the Ace or King hitting.

The only thing you need to consider is the straight possibility. Two consecutive cards that don't reach AK offer the most chances, I'd think. I'd go with 67.
Old 04-27-2004, 04:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Quote:

Quote:

I choose another AKo.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does it really matter? Any Ace or King will be dominated, and any other cards have the exact same chance of hitting without the Ace or King hitting.

The only thing you need to consider is the straight possibility. Two consecutive cards that don't reach AK offer the most chances, I'd think. I'd go with 67.

[/ QUOTE ]
believe it or not, me being so stupid and all, these are the two i thought of as well after thinking it over. i figure a 6 was a wise choice to defeat the ace's 2345 board. and then its a matter of taking a 5 or 7, and from previous posts we dont need to go over again, i chose the 7
Old 05-01-2004, 01:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Quote:

Quote:

I choose another AKo.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
believe it or not, me being so stupid and all, these are the two i thought of as well after thinking it over. i figure a 6 was a wise choice to defeat the ace's 2345 board. and then its a matter of taking a 5 or 7, and from previous posts we dont need to go over again, i chose the 7

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't really have anything to add to this, I just wanted to have lots of quotes.
Old 05-01-2004, 01:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Quote:

Quote:

I choose another AKo.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't really have anything to add to this, I just wanted to have lots of quotes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oooooooooo, even more!
Old 05-01-2004, 01:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Quote:

Quote:

I choose another AKo.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oooooooooo, even more!

[/ QUOTE ]

Now it's getting out of hand. I'm gonna stop now.
Old 05-02-2004, 08:11 PM

A5 is the highest Ace-high combination that has two cards that can make part of a straight, excluding AT-AK...but AT, AJ, and AQ all require a K in order to make a straight under the same conditions. Thus AT-AQ are all inferior to AK because in the event of a straight the best they can do is chop, whereas A5 wins if it makes its straight against AK. A6-A9 are inferior to A5 because there is no straight possibility.