Two Plus Two Older Archives

Old 07-23-2004, 02:41 AM
Daliman Daliman is offline
Senior Member

Default Re: Super/System 2

Wow, does that sound good.
Old 07-23-2004, 09:56 PM
The Monk The Monk is offline
Junior Member

Default Re: a question and two comments

$34.95 and no one will have it any quicker than any other book seller. [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
Old 07-23-2004, 10:23 PM
JTG51 JTG51 is offline
Senior Member

Location: CT

[ QUOTE ]
$34.95 and no one will have it any quicker than any other book seller. [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

$23.77 on Amazon.
Old 07-24-2004, 12:14 AM
The Monk The Monk is offline
Junior Member

that's true amazon is pre selling it for 23.77, all I stated was this book has a release date and no one will have it before anyone else. The poster just asked the price and $34.95 is the retail price.
Old 07-26-2004, 12:02 AM
Lunamondo Lunamondo is offline
Senior Member

http://www.unitedpokerforum.com/forum/b.asp?m=100808

Old 07-26-2004, 07:11 PM
Joshua Joshua is offline
Member

Location: Stockholm, Sweden

That's only 69 pages per author. I wish each co-author would release a book on their own so it would be more content but I guess the time is to valuable for those high-limit players like Chip Reese and Johnny Chan to write an entire book each...
Old 07-26-2004, 11:32 PM
Joseph Busti Joseph Busti is offline
Senior Member

Location: Las Vegas, Nevada

About 99% of the people that purchase that book will only read about 1/5th of that book.
Old 07-26-2004, 11:52 PM
Joshua Joshua is offline
Member

Location: Stockholm, Sweden

I'll probably read a bit more than that since Jennifer Harman is a succesful high-stakes player and Doyle Brunson has stod the test of time at high-stakes (I'm sure he'll write something since he's listed as the main author). I'll probably read the rest as well since I'm sure Doyle Brunson gave alot of thought before selecting these players to write about what they know best. I'm a little afraid though that it will be alot of basics so you may be right that I would read 1/5 and skip through the rest. Amazing list of co-authors though.
Old 07-27-2004, 02:43 AM
MicroBob MicroBob is offline
Senior Member

Location: memphis

i don't really think that the first super-system was 'a lot of basics' so i don't know why this one would be.

doyle has said that he had to change his style of NL play because people learned his original style too well from the book.
i am assuming that doyle addresses his new approach to NL-holdem in SS2.
which i guess means that he'll have to change his strategy YET AGAIN.

some of the other sections are a bit dated because the formats have changed (2 blinds in LHE is the big one) or games just aren't played that much anymore.
a lot of people love super-system....but also readily admit that a lot of the content just isn't applicable to today's games anymore.....so there certainly is an opening for a new version of SS with a Bronx-Bombers line-up of authors addressing today's games and formats.

and i'm sure the authors will get a decent paycheck too as this is sure to sell like hot-cakes in today's poker-crazy era.
Old 07-27-2004, 09:35 AM
Joshua Joshua is offline
Member

Location: Stockholm, Sweden

Don't get me wrong. I'm really looking forward to this book. All those co-authors know alot about poker. It's also an opportunity to broaden my poker skills to inlcude other poker variations since I'm mostly a Hold'em player.