Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-09-2004, 12:47 AM

Default Re: Stars bonus

Thanks. I thought it was going to be like the two-billionth hand contest, where you had to try to get in it as it came up naturally.
Old 02-09-2004, 01:42 AM

Default Thanks Lori!

Well, that worked like a champ. Now I just need to get 600FPPs to clear the sucker. Looks like I need to play a lot more SNGs [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-09-2004, 02:09 AM

Default Re: Thanks Lori!

I've decided to work off my 600FPPs by using SnGs too.

Thats only 120 $10 SnGs! =)
Old 02-09-2004, 05:48 AM

Default Re: Thanks Lori!

And a note: $5 SnG's pay 3 FPP's, 20% better than the 5 FPP's for a $10 SnG so they are actually a better value than higher ones at least as far as risk/variance goes.

Also remember: KOTZ tourneys on Stars also earn FPP's, a modest added incentive to play in them.
Old 02-09-2004, 05:55 AM

Default One Restriction I Noticed

I did notice in the fine print that if you cash out before the bonus is earned you become ineligable for it. Is this normal on Stars? I have never done a bonus there. Normally this would be a problem as this month I am jumping all the money I have set aside to collect as many bonuses as possible. I wouldn't normally have enough time to play it off before I wanted to move it again but lucky for me I will be laid off next week and all I planned on doing is playing about 8-10 hours a day so I should be able to play enough that week. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 02-09-2004, 06:24 AM

Default Re: One Restriction I Noticed

[ QUOTE ]
I did notice in the fine print that if you cash out before the bonus is earned you become ineligable for it.

[/ QUOTE ]
Where does it say that? I don't see it anywhere.
Old 02-09-2004, 06:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Is this normal on Stars?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes
Old 02-09-2004, 06:45 AM

"I did notice in the fine print that if you cash out before the bonus is earned you become ineligable for it."

ummm...this is absolutely incorrect!!

if you make a withdrawl BEFORE you make any deposit, then you do not get the bonus.
this is to prevent people from taking out all of their funds just to put them back in for the bonus-money.

once you make a deposit, you are free to withdraw and deposit back and forth as much as you like and the bonus-dollars will sit there waiting to be earned.

you can deposit now....withdraw right away....not play a single hand for 6 months....and then play-off all of the bonus dollars in august orf whenever.

"Are the games as tough as they used to be????"

absolutely not. they aren't as fishy as party....but they certainly aren't the rock-gardens of the past.

stars used to have 2000 players or so on a typical to strong weeknight. now they eclipse 8k to 10k regularly.
a lot of newbies and novices have been brought in by the Chris Moneymaker boom.
the games can still be kind of tough....but not nearly as much as in the past. i'm starting to think the UB games are tighter.

there is absolutely no reason not to take advantage of this offer. they don't come around that often (maybe 4-5 times a year i guess). if you are going to play on stars AT ALL in the next year then you should deposit now and withdraw (if necessary) so that you will be earning bonus-dollars.
you get FPP's for SNG's and multi's as well as ring-games.

it does take quite awhile to clear the necessary points....but you have as long as you like to clear it.
and after you clear the points you can also order yourself a sporty Stars-Cap or Stress-Star (or you can save up the points like me and get a book....or you can earn them all this week and get into that 500fpp tourney).

i'll probably have 1 stars ring-game up while multi-tabling at empire.
well, i also have those ub dollars to clear as well so i might be playing 3 sites at once which i will call
'bonus-whore-multi-tasking' or maybe i'll change that to
'multi-whore-bonus-tasking'.

i'm surprised there are so many questions. these are the same conditions that have applied to all of their previous bonuses (excepting the Central-Coin only bonus)....but i guess it just shows that there are a few newcomers who haven't bonus-whored at stars in the past.
now that i think about it....i guess the last pre CentralCoin bonus (which i didn't take part in) was around october or so for the 2-millionth hand. wow, time flies.

Old 02-09-2004, 07:18 AM

Default Re: Stars bonus

Faster to clear their bonuses now with their 'speed' tables going, less time to think but fater game , saw it for the first time today.
Old 02-09-2004, 07:25 AM

Default Sorry i was wrong

Upon rereading this statement:

If you cash out any amount from your PokerStars account during the Bonus Period prior to making a qualifying deposit, you are ineligible for the deposit bonus.

I see that I did take it the wrong way. Thanks for setting me straight there microboy.