Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-05-2005, 06:27 AM

Default Re: Play from the blinds: T7o

Yeah, it is new and I think I am going to keep track from now on no this how often it works to give me a way to "study" I didnt used to go as low as 23o at first but then when I thought that I would do with T7o or 65s with the main reason because I think he will fold not that I will hit, why not do any two? Ill try and get like a 500 sample after this month and tell you how off I was.
Old 12-05-2005, 10:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Forget it splash, he thinks he's found the answer to all SNG play and won't listen when he's told something is a leak or -$EV, he just will keep doing it anyway.

His money, his choice.

[/ QUOTE ]
You and splash have both told him it's -$EV, but neither of you have told him why.

I'm pretty sure that it's -$EV because when people realize what he is doing, they will start reraising PF and calling (or raising) post-flop. His play may be working because this is how some people slow-play strong hands at the lower buy-ins. Once people catch on to what he's doing, it won't work nearly as often.
Old 12-05-2005, 11:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
His play may be working because this is how some people slow-play strong hands at the lower buy-ins. Once people catch on to what he's doing, it won't work nearly as often.

[/ QUOTE ]

They aren't that smart. However, they are also not smart enough to realize he is slowplaying and then fold, so it's a wash.

Scuba, as to this hand I would give up the bluff on the river because you are getting called by his ace. Any other river and it's fine.
Old 12-05-2005, 11:34 AM

When bluff calling the flop oop, I think you have to lead the turn.
Old 12-05-2005, 12:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, that's what I was thinking. So, by this measure, make a smallish bet on the turn, and a big bet on the river?
Old 12-05-2005, 12:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, that's what I was thinking. So, by this measure, make a smallish bet on the turn, and a big bet on the river?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I'd bet 3/4 pot on the turn and that's the last chip I put into this pot. I don't think villian can call that much on the turn without a K and fold the river enough to make it profitable.
Old 12-05-2005, 02:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No, I'd bet 3/4 pot on the turn and that's the last chip I put into this pot. I don't think villian can call that much on the turn without a K and fold the river enough to make it profitable.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. If you were going to bluff, that would be the street.

FWIW, I like raising or completing PF but would probably just bet this flop - fewer cards for him to have caught, and at a 33 he won't call you with less than A high.