Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-05-2005, 05:37 AM

Default Re: omfg

I agree with you, JJ is the only hand he can feasibly be behind here, I would also cap, and expect both to call with JX or 33.

Mack
Old 12-05-2005, 09:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Caps.

[/ QUOTE ]

The flop action says it all.
Old 12-05-2005, 09:56 AM

Is it the latest fashion to not post AF? even if you've got 20hands atleast post it for us to use if we want to.

Umm i think it will be capped, I dunno if you're good enough to call this.

19:2 to call? Bleh call it.
Old 12-05-2005, 01:06 PM

Default Re: re-omfingg-sults

[ QUOTE ]

I assumed I was beat by some uber retarded crap as neither of these guys was all that aggressive, but i couldn't bring myself to fold. Capping here seemed absurd. I called. They both had J9o. I win. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Hero caps and laughs when CO flips over J9.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sigh, if only I were so visionary when I'm actually playing [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 12-05-2005, 01:30 PM

2 pair is so much more likely here than a straight or over set. If one of them has KT you can add them to your buddy list and chalk this pot up to finding a great fish friend. definitely cap this for value.
Old 12-05-2005, 01:36 PM

hahah, man have I been here about a zillion times...
I call the 3 bet, people overplay there hands all day at this level but even if you think your beat, the overcall is still profitable imo... I think youll be seeing two pair type hands, no way this moron hit the str8, QQQ is possible but unlikely....
this is just ugly
lemme know what showed down...
cdl
sucks bad
Old 12-05-2005, 01:38 PM

I dont see how you can put them on KT or T8 with the flop action..
Old 12-05-2005, 01:38 PM

hell ya, this is what I like to see, and expect to see, not even a toddler holds on to 8/10 here for the str8 and these morons holding 99 are slim, so nice cap, calling the 3 bet at least is good..the cap seems better against these goons
GL in the future, get outta that slump
cdl
Old 12-05-2005, 01:39 PM

Not capping here is bad.

On the river, hands that got there are T8, KT, 99, etc. If there was any kinf of flush draw on the flop I would probably just call the river, but i'd say you lose to a straight here almost never based on the flop agression. Same thing with 99 - if these guys aren't raising 99 preflop then they aren't raising it on the flop.

That being said, if I was running bad I'd just call here, which is terrible, but I like to be honest in my posts. But the difference between a call and a cap is 1 BB for you and 2 more when they both call and one guys shows his slow played 33 and the other guy craps himself with QJo.

There was a post in High Stakes from BK that I think is relevant here where "skp" makes an interesting point about how actions on the river representing a hand are not really relevant if the rest of the hand doesnt add up. If the BB 3 bets out of the blue, I consider just calling - but based on the flop action I think it is better to cap here.
Old 12-05-2005, 02:20 PM

PokerBob - As I mentioned before, I feel your pain and am grinding my way back via the 3/6 (and on other sites too).
Good for you for posting hands and trying to 'patch things up' as it were.
Me: I'm just trying to read and study more and learn by absorption.

Anyway....even if you think capping is over-zealous I think I spotted a little flaw in your thinking that I disagree with:

[ QUOTE ]

if i cap, am i getting 2 overcalls? I doubt it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know why you would doubt this.
If they have J9 or something (as they did) there is every reason to believe they just would not be able to lay-down 2-pair. They might even be stupid enough to not lay-down AJ or KJ here (if they had gotten very weird with it).

While you can expect your opponents to 'usually' play normally...I have found that it is also best to expect the unexpected at 3/6 from your sillier opponents.

I've had hands similar to this where it was capped PF and crazy stuff post-flop, and he hits his gutshot by the river with J8 or something to bust my set.
It IS possible imo. It's a weird game.