Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-04-2005, 08:45 PM

Default Re: What I thought was a great flop became a difficult flop decision

[ QUOTE ]
No way this is a push. He may be doing exacty what you are doing with K,6 suited, or A,4 suited. My point is your Jack high flush is a mediocre flush in this situation. Even if you hit your hand you don't want to push. Fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've already said this but I'll say it again. If he has a bigger flush draw getting all-in with him is a good result, even if he has two overs. It's the other factors that might make calling preferable.
Old 12-04-2005, 08:53 PM

opps.

I think this is a difficult hand. UTG raised preflop and only calls when you lead the flop. I think he will frequently have overcards, with one or two spades(somethimes none). CO raises which seems like some kind of made hand. This might be something like(44,88,99,98s or tt+).
If i call and UTG calls what is my plan for the turn if a spade comes? What do i do on a non spade turn? Plan when an overcard hits?
I kind of like the push(but this might be something that i have left from my SNG playing [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]) , but it depends on the amount of FE i belive i have here. Also i am worried that there might be "dead spades" in the UTG hand. If called i think it will be from CO.
Also folding is not out of the question.
I am confused here.(as usuall)
Old 12-04-2005, 08:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No way this is a push. He may be doing exacty what you are doing with K,6 suited, or A,4 suited. My point is your Jack high flush is a mediocre flush in this situation. Even if you hit your hand you don't want to push. Fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are no other spade flush draw+pair hands possible on this board (I'm assuming by A4s you meant Axs). You are 60/40 vs a hand like Ks6s and 50/50 vs a hand like As Ts. With the dead money in the pot, getting all in vs this is good. This has already been stated more than once.
Old 12-04-2005, 09:01 PM

We could easily be up agaisnt a made str8, a set, two pair, a bigger flush draw, or an overpair.

If I call and a spade hits the turn I am looking to get my stack in the middle on the turn.

So should we fold this or call, my vote is call
Old 12-04-2005, 09:01 PM

What I meant to say is that folding>pushing. You are right about calling > folding.
Old 12-04-2005, 09:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]

We could easily be up agaisnt a made str8,

[/ QUOTE ]

On a T94 board? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 12-04-2005, 09:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
We could easily be up agaisnt a made str8, a set, two pair, a bigger flush draw, or an overpair.

If I call and a spade hits the turn I am looking to get my stack in the middle on the turn.

So should we fold this or call, my vote is call

[/ QUOTE ]

There is no made str8. About 50/50 vs two pair. About 50/50 vs an overpair. 60/40 or 50/50 vs higher flush draw. Set is only disaster, and you are 32% vs that. Plenty of dead money already in the pot. You may have a hard time getting your stack in the middle when/if the flush hits on the turn, and may likely get shut out on the turn or even fold the best hand. Its possible that you may only get played back at further if opponent hit his higher flush depending on his holding if the flush card comes, although since you did lead for the pot, there is a point that your hand is SOMEWHAT disguised.
Old 12-05-2005, 02:15 AM

"I think "potentially" is the key there, and you do realize that CO can't have both a better hand AND a better draw, right?" No, but he can easily have one or the other.
Old 12-05-2005, 02:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
"I think "potentially" is the key there, and you do realize that CO can't have both a better hand AND a better draw, right?" No, but he can easily have one or the other.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, but that means that OP either has the best hand, or upwards of 15 outs and is a favorite.
Old 12-05-2005, 02:28 AM

Fold. Live to fight another day.
"The better part of valor is discretion", Shakespeare.