Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-30-2005, 01:47 PM

Default How does Matt Millen still have HIS job?

If you are going to overhaul the organization, I feel like you need to start at the top. Obviously Mariucci took more than he deserved on this one. Perhaps he got himself to a point where the players wouldn't respond effectively to him and he had to go--that's fine, I'm not saying his firing was or wasn't right for these Lions. However, if Bly's comments are any indication, at least some players still wanted him as a coach.

But back to Millen? Has this guy done ANYTHING right? Why do the fans put up with him?
Old 11-30-2005, 02:07 PM

Default Re: How does Matt Millen still have HIS job?

[ QUOTE ]
If you are going to overhaul the organization, I feel like you need to start at the top...

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right, but they just did this five years ago when Millen and Morningwood came to town.

The Fords need to relinquish control of the team. I hate to say it, but they need to just sign the paychecks and let the football people run things. Doubtful they will let Millen go, they just gave him an extention through 2009.

[ QUOTE ]
Why do the fans put up with him?

[/ QUOTE ]

Is there an alternative I am not seeing?

Seriously the Lions are the best team in the league at building hope for the upcoming season in their fanbase. Everyone always is like 'this is our year!!!' and such, and three games into the season we realize it is the same old Lions. No matter what they do, the coaches they bring in, the players they bring in, they will fail.

you can't really blame Millen for all the personel moves... keep in mind that Detroit is not a place a lot of players want to come to. The Fords are not cheap, but a lot of players will sign elsewhere for less money because it is a better situation. The Lions have a state-of-the-art facility and superficially they make moves that appear to be well thought out, but at the end of the day, things will inevitably go south. Plus the city of Detroit is a shithole.

You can say what you like about how they've drafted, but the fact that Rogers is a bust isn't really anyone's fault. M. Williams is playing about as well as you can hope given his speed limitations and missing last season. R. Williams only plays every other game... etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc..........
Old 11-30-2005, 04:53 PM

Default Re: Dre Bly says...

[ QUOTE ]
I was under the impression that he was calling Johnnie Morton a coward, but I could be wrong. I know Morton was very pumped and talking trash when the Chiefs played the Lions after he switched teams.

[/ QUOTE ]

He called Johnnie Morton a [censored]...James Stewart was the coward.

Not to circumvent the profanity filter but it is for the sake of the discussion but he called Morton a maggot minus the M add the F.
Old 11-30-2005, 05:39 PM

Default Re: How does Matt Millen still have HIS job?

[ QUOTE ]
Why do the fans put up with him?

[/ QUOTE ] We don't. Fans and sports columnists in the state have been asking for his head for awhile. The only people that put up with him are the Ford family (owners).