Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 11-26-2005, 04:54 PM

Default Re: 2+2 NL HU Tournament

[ QUOTE ]
i don't know if anyone else has brought this up already, but you should consider contacting a poker room with your proposal. i know that for hula 1 pokerroom set up private tables for them. in theory and in practice they could make you tables with no rake so that you could play your freezouts for a fixed fee to the room (or possibly for free, who knows). rake's a bitch, besides the other obvious reasons this will never happen.

[/ QUOTE ]

why dont you think itll ever happen? I'm game for a 3000 (or w/e amount ppl prefer) buyin, along w/ maybe 50$ each to give to some1 to set this up. I think there could be some flaws (i.e. i'd rather it be random matches), but i dont really care and would play just about any structure.
Old 11-26-2005, 04:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't really think it's fair for me to be in the tournament, because I'd crush everyone so bad.

I also don't understand the structure...are we both gonna be sitting with 300 bb to start or what? Are you going to be allowed to leave the table once you both have 200 bb's and start over with 100 bb, b/c I hate deepstack hu. Some of these matches are going to take forever. I can see a match vs me taking like 10 hours or more unless I'm up vs a total donk (ie james282).

[/ QUOTE ]

hahaha, luckily I see no reason to play 2+2ers HU for substantial amounts of money or I'd be more motivated to show you that you run hot and play bad.
-James
Old 11-26-2005, 05:39 PM

ok, who wants to back me for this?

i'll take on whoever. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 11-26-2005, 05:43 PM

Diablo, when it gets down to us in the final, do you wanna play or take the whole wad and eat and drink our way through it in Vegas? I figure 20K should cover 6 meals plus hotel, so if we do two-a-days it's just a long weekend.
Old 11-26-2005, 05:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Diablo, when it gets down to us in the final, do you wanna play or take the whole wad and eat and drink our way through it in Vegas? I figure 20K should cover 6 meals plus hotel, so if we do two-a-days it's just a long weekend.

[/ QUOTE ]

We should play like a $50 freezeout just for bragging rights.
Old 11-26-2005, 06:02 PM

Hi KaneKungFu123:

Keep in mind that when you find a site for this tourney, you cannot use our name ("Two Plus Two" or "2+2") in promoting the tournament and that we are not affiliated in any way with the tournament.

Best wishes,
Mason
Old 11-26-2005, 06:05 PM

Mason,

You should play. I'd love to see those AQs skillz.

Best Wishes,

Guy you ignored
Old 11-26-2005, 06:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't really think it's fair for me to be in the tournament, because I'd crush everyone so bad.

[/ QUOTE ]
i know how you feel...plus my schedule is so hectic right now [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img].
Old 11-26-2005, 06:09 PM

i think the entry fee is too high for some of the better HU players. Or maybe this is just me, but I can find better EV opportunities to spend 3k, and playing people here is not one of those.
Old 11-26-2005, 06:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
but I can find better EV opportunities to spend 3k, and playing people here is not one of those.

[/ QUOTE ]
i was waiting for someone to say this.
Closed Thread