Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-18-2005, 03:08 PM

Default Re: Pocket Jacks in SB facing a 3 bet. Call or fold?

[ QUOTE ]
I have never played .5/1 so take this fwiw but this is a pretty read based decision but its between capping and calling without a read. All this fold your dominated or this can't be played profitably is wrong IMO. We have one of the best starting hands and great relative position on the pre flop 3-bettor. If the flop is bad for us we should be able to get away from this pot pretty easily. If we get a good flop there is a strong chance we will have the best hand. Then there is the rare times we are dominated and lose some chips it happens. If you want to fold this because you just sat down and don't want get into a marginal situation until you have a better read on the players at he table fine but this "your dominated and can't play this profitably" is nonsense.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would compare online .5/1 to a live 2/4 or 3/6 game. Most of the players have the mentality of not putting in much money preflop with hands that they might not be able to see a river with, which explains cold calling rather than 3-betting with hands like AKo and JJ. You might just be up against 2 more aggro than typical players here, but even then your equity probably isn't huge.
Old 11-18-2005, 03:16 PM

Hi mainevent did you clean up after i left last night?

To the hand in question marginal yes unprofitable though i will not agree with. Like i said a read would really help.
Old 11-18-2005, 03:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hi mainevent did you clean up after i left last night?

To the hand in question marginal yes unprofitable though i will not agree with. Like i said a read would really help.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm gonna change my answer on this one. I think I would fold if I had seen the guy go even 1 orbit without doing anything out of line. If it's really my very first hand at the table and I have no reads of any kind I'll play.

Who were you? You can PM if you don't want to say on here. I ended up with a $0.25 profit, which is awesome for a 2+2 game.
Old 11-18-2005, 03:23 PM

maybe you dont want to cap but there is NO way you can fold.

too many WPT fanbois see people pushing all in with A8, and they want to 3 bet with it PF in limit games now.
Old 11-18-2005, 03:46 PM

It's not a terribly easy cap.

I like coldcalling here, honestly.

I think folding would probably be a mistake, though not by very much.
Old 11-18-2005, 03:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The 3-better is on the button. His 3-betting range is [...], and maybe AQo if he's bad, (this is the micro's, right?)

[/ QUOTE ]

lmao
Old 11-18-2005, 03:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Cap it. There are only three hands that are ahead of you right now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your logic is pretty damn awful. It's as if you're saying that both the raiser and the threebettor have random hands, and since you have a tremendous equity edge over two random hands this is an easy cap.

For one thing they both have far from random hands.

For another thing you are out of position, which influences your postflop equity (ie your ability to "outplay" them after the flop, which is even more compromised in a huge pot).
Old 11-18-2005, 03:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The other thing to consider is that this was at Absolute and the play is hella tight at that site. If this was at Party/Paradise I'm calling any day of the week that ends in y.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice game selection.
Old 11-18-2005, 03:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Correctamundo. In fact it would be pretty bad to fold this in a higher limit game because the button 3-bet is frequently an isolation play. A 3-bet from any position from a typical .5/1 player is no joke (with the possible exception of blind vs. blind play)

[/ QUOTE ]
You're rigth. I wouldn't even come close to considering this a fold in the party 10/20 6max (where I play).

But I still don't see how that translates into this being a fold. Lower limits = more randomness to play. Whereas at the higher limits you will often see A9o first in and 77 threebetting, at .50/1.00 you might very well see JTo first in and 22 threebetting.
Old 11-18-2005, 04:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The other thing to consider is that this was at Absolute and the play is hella tight at that site. If this was at Party/Paradise I'm calling any day of the week that ends in y.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice game selection.

[/ QUOTE ]

What can I say? Never ending bonus that I clear an average of $400 a month 3 tabling plus poker profits. How many are taking home 5 grand a year at the micros?