Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-2005, 05:08 PM

Default Re: Typical raise

[ QUOTE ]

Sarbains (SP?) put an end to the merit-based options plan here.

[/ QUOTE ]

We are SOX compliant now too.

[ QUOTE ]

Bonuses are another story. I never received a bonus until this morning. At my firm, the bonus program is for only a few mere mortals (the VP's all get bonuses, but you have to be an exceptional schlep to rate for one). The bonus for the worker bees is very selective, approved by the board, and strictly confidential. Unless it was a condition of your initial job offer, I wouldn't expect a bonus. I still can't believe I got one.

[/ QUOTE ]

I got options with my offer. As far as bonuses go, though, at the last company meeting the CEO said that they were thinking about giving out bonuses instead of options because options now tax the company. I still have my options though, they just aren't giving them to new employees.

I was more asking if people get bonuses at the annual review or more like around the december holidays (or at the end of the companies fiscal year, or any time they feel like it).
Old 11-17-2005, 05:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was more asking if people get bonuses at the annual review or more like around the december holidays (or at the end of the companies fiscal year, or any time they feel like it).

[/ QUOTE ]

Ours coincided with the closing of the fiscal year, subsequent board meetings, and the 10-K filing authorizing the big-whig bonuses.
Old 11-17-2005, 05:19 PM

Consider yourself lucky.

My owner told us we weren't getting a raise this year (back in June), because he "couldn't forecast how we'd do this year".

He did give us a monetary bonus about a month later though that equated to about 2.25% of my annual salary. It was better than nothing, plus it was in a lump sum, so really it's worth about 2.5% over the course of the year.

I hate my boss. He then proceeded to go out and buy us all flat-screen monitors that we don't need. He only invests profit back into himself, not the people that make him the profit.

In his eyes, him PURCHASING a flat-screen monitor and letting ME use it is equal to him giving me cash. Yeah, he's a d*ckhead.
Old 11-17-2005, 05:22 PM

I thought standard was 4xBB
Old 11-17-2005, 05:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I resisted posting this, verbatim.

It took a lot of will-power.

You'll attain this much will-power someday.

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 11-17-2005, 05:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]