Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-28-2003, 03:56 AM

Default Re: Hello,mason! The critical In formation that u...

Hi SittingBull:

See my post below. I'm not so sure as to how aggressive the player with the king impacts the decision.

Best wishes,
Mason
Old 06-28-2003, 05:00 AM

Default Re: Opinion Wanted

Hi MM:

I agree with your guesstimated poll results. But most of these good players are still wrong. That's because high limit stud is usually played with a large ante relative to the bets, so their aggressive stle is correct. I suspect that many of them will not adjust correctly to this game where the ante is relatively small compared to the bets. So you can't always trust your poll results.

Best wishes,
Mason
Old 06-28-2003, 12:13 PM

Default $10 is the normal bring-in.

This isn't an unstructured game. Bringing it in for the full amount is $40. Only other option would be $10. This does not indicate strength.

~D
Old 06-28-2003, 01:53 PM

Fold.

You have a dead pair with a so-so kicker, and there is not any money in the pot in the $5 ante 40 stud.

In the $10 ante $40 stud I would consider raising here to steal if the other 7 catches garbage on 4th street, but in this game with the low ante low bringin I just don't see the point of continuing with a partially dead hand in bad position.

Old 06-28-2003, 02:00 PM

Mason:

I just read your post.

You are more eloquent than me, but I am sure we are both right. Incidentally, is it almost impossible to lose in that $40 stud with the $5 ante?

Seems to me that this is a fantastic game. I considered playing it the last time I was in Vegas because of the structure and the weak looking opposition, but the $30 hold em was too good.

Do you think the $40-80 stud with the $5 bring in will last?

CN
Old 06-29-2003, 11:12 AM

My stock answer here is "your dead and you have a second best kicker muck"

of course your book says: frequently re)raise higher up cards. this is correct if you can get it heads up,your cards are live, one of their upcards is dead ( none of which you have)or their is some chance that they dont have what they are representing.

although if you think your opponets (the K) will think you have a pr of Q's by raising into a K over card and will there by fold you might want to do that. I doubt the K will but i dont know the texture of the game your in. or even how many players are in it. If you think he will you want to reraise and increase the price of the drawing 7 and force the bring to put in a 2X bet or fold, which he will likely do. With the structure of this game I would strongly consider the fold to be the best play.

Of course you think you can rip off the pot with even a mildly scary card or aggressive action then take a swing at it.

Over all best advice: wait for a better opportunity to get your money in.

Wombat6
Old 06-29-2003, 05:24 PM

Default Re: $10 is the normal bring-in.

Oops, thanks Duke. The limits should have given that away. [img]/forums/images/icons/blush.gif[/img]