Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-11-2005, 12:27 PM

Default Re: My Women and Gender Studies Course for next semester

[ QUOTE ]
So I'm trying to get an internship for next semester and for it I need to have Wednesdays free. As a result, most of my courses are on Tuesdays and Thursdays, but I'm going to take one class on Wednesday nights just so that I don't have 10 hours of straight classes on Tuesdays and Thursdays. The course is in the Women and Gender Studies program, is entititled "Women and the Law" and has the following course description:

[ QUOTE ]
This course will introduce students to the law of sex discrimination and women's rights, with particular emphasis on issues of employment discrimination (including sexual harassment), violence against women, marriage and divorce law, and reproductive and abortion rights. It will consider the assumptions and biases that have shaped the law in these areas, tracing the historical development of constitutional and statutory protection for women's rights, and exploring feminist and liberal critiques of the current state of the law. Finally, while the course's primary focus will be on American law, it will also introduce students to other countries; approaches to rape law and abortion rights, comparing and contrasting the assumptions about women that underlie different legal systems.

[/ QUOTE ]

Should I just accept the fact that I will spend the majority of this class getting told that I'm a miserable chauvinist piece of [censored], or do you think that I'll be able to sit in the back and just cruise through unnoticed?

[/ QUOTE ]

Just sit and learn? Or did you take the class because you wanted to fail? Would you take a class on Judaism and then walk in and spout anti-Semetic remarks? So, just shut up and pass or drop the class.
Old 11-11-2005, 01:44 PM

Default Re: Good Advice: But Check Your Local Wiretapping Laws First

[ QUOTE ]
Can't you take a REAL class that actually makes you more marketable and that may give you knowledge to help you in your future career?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm taking the course, primarily for two reasons: it fit into my schedule well and I eventually want to go into law.
Old 11-11-2005, 01:59 PM

Default Re: My Women and Gender Studies Course for next semester

[ QUOTE ]
...While I hate that I am not learning anything, I do enjoy bashing her back and getting her caught in lies and such, and re-affirming male superiority.

[/ QUOTE ]

You go, sister!

errr, brother!