Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2005, 07:17 PM

Default Re: \"I just have faith\"=BS

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Empirical data will tell you God is perfect ... Along with perfection, He is unchanging

[/ QUOTE ]

We need some kind of award for posts like these. Congrats, you are this week's winner of the SMP [something implying ignorance, stupidity, or a combination thereof) Award!

And I'm sorry if I'm again viewed as an a$$ for this post. But crap like this deserves to be called out. And serious debate with those who rely on outlandish, unsupportable statements has shown to be futile.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sorry if you disagree, but there is no need to insult me. A simple reading of Plato's theory of knowledge will support those statements. If you want someone more contemporary, try Norman Malcolm. Have you read any epistemology?
Do you have any philosophical background? If so, please tell me why it's wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay. BECAUSE THERE IS NO EMPIRICAL DATA ON THE QUALITIES OF BEINGS FROM BEYOND THE UNIVERSE. Wow, that was tough.
Old 11-10-2005, 07:34 PM

Default Re: \"I just have faith\"=BS

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Empirical data will tell you God is perfect ... Along with perfection, He is unchanging

[/ QUOTE ]

We need some kind of award for posts like these. Congrats, you are this week's winner of the SMP [something implying ignorance, stupidity, or a combination thereof) Award!

And I'm sorry if I'm again viewed as an a$$ for this post. But crap like this deserves to be called out. And serious debate with those who rely on outlandish, unsupportable statements has shown to be futile.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sorry if you disagree, but there is no need to insult me. A simple reading of Plato's theory of knowledge will support those statements. If you want someone more contemporary, try Norman Malcolm. Have you read any epistemology?
Do you have any philosophical background? If so, please tell me why it's wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay. BECAUSE THERE IS NO EMPIRICAL DATA ON THE QUALITIES OF BEINGS FROM BEYOND THE UNIVERSE. Wow, that was tough.

[/ QUOTE ]

There certainly is, have you tried reading Aristotle's cause and effect arguments? They are fulfilled and much better explained by St. Thomas Aquinas.

Besides that, the qualities of the supreme being are generally gotten from epistemological arguments, but all epistemological arguments must have at least one empirical statement.