Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2005, 07:39 PM

Default Re: WHAT DID MATUSOW SAY TO SHIEK WHEN HE WAS ELIMINATED?

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone know what the Mouth said to Sheik when he was eliminated? I rewound and still couldn't make it out, but it sounded fairly civil.

[/ QUOTE ]

something like "it's all in good fun"

some bs along those lines.
Old 11-10-2005, 07:44 PM

Default Re: Sheik

High card wins, I assume.
Old 11-10-2005, 07:44 PM

They cut the deck with the high card winning.
Old 11-10-2005, 08:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Also the part (another damn paraphrase) where they're jabbing each other and mike says, "you want me to say what you really are? a bad poker playing [censored]?"

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure Mike wanted to add an expletive to that last quote, but you can see he stops himself and says something that won't get him penalized instead. Good man!

I've slowly become a big Matusow fan after watching him in this year's WSOP. It is really amazing to watch him read people and also say entertaining things about other players. I think he's a nice guy but if he doesn't like someone he isn't afraid to let them know [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] (see his interactions with Phil Hellmuth at this year's TOC).

Sheik was way out of line acting like that though late in the biggest tournament ever. 'nuff said.

[/ QUOTE ]

At least he isn't tweaking this year like he was last year. He was so jumped that I thought he was going to start snorting right at the table a few times last year. Maybe he really will keep clean this time. I hope so. I kind of like the guy. I'd love to see him and Hellmuth at the same table (with Gus Hansen or Tuan Le as an added bonus.hee hee).

Did anyone catch his remark about how it's not the money - it's only the bracelet that matters? ROTFLOL. Mike would kill half his family for 7.5M.
Old 11-10-2005, 09:38 PM

I just started watching the WSOP coverage for the last couple of episodes after having given up on TV poker. Everything seems pretty boring except for watching the Sheik and Matusow.
Old 11-10-2005, 09:41 PM

I actually liked Sheik just for jawing back at Matusow. Matusow just sometimes will not stop talking. Its just a river or words that wont stop. Sheik got a few good lines on Mike.

From all these reports of people that were at the actual WSOP, it does sound like he is a jerk for all those anticts stated above. It seems he got quite a rush from the shortsack of the first episode at Binions.

Though as we all know, Poker attracts people from all walks of life, and with that large of a player field, it was certain some loud and obnoxious player would get down to the last remaining tables.

The yelling guy we saw on day 1-3 was the worst of all I have seen on TV.
Old 11-10-2005, 10:31 PM

ESPN left off one of the better lines. At one point when Shawn was short stacked, Matusow told him he'd give the shiek million in chips and than bust him.
Old 11-11-2005, 01:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
where she was extremely rude, Norman Chad actually admonished the Sheik for politely telling Tiffany she couldn't consult her poker coach during the hand.

[/ QUOTE ]
TW took too long and shouldn't have walked away like that but I don't recall TW doing/saying anything rude. But in my book; "I...I object...you can't do that lady" in an unfriendly tone isn't exactly 'polite'. But I don't think it was out-of-line either.

[/ QUOTE ]

the fact that calling her "lady" in an unfriendly tone is the worst thing he did in that spot. assuming the kind of person he is, I would hate to be him in that part of the main event trying to double up with AA and someone is taking 15 minutes to call. he handled it pretty well.
Old 11-14-2005, 06:26 AM

i just saw the episodes from them playing down to 27 and then to 18. This guy's personality was really abrasive and unpleasant. I, as well, started to root for Matusow with his badgering and relentless taunting on the Sheik. What limits does this guy play? I had no idea he played such high stakes poker. He also has nice hair.
Old 11-14-2005, 01:09 PM

<sheik> You're going to get what's coming to you!
<matusow> Yeah, the rest of your chips.