Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-04-2005, 07:30 PM

Default Re: Taking The Opposite Side (kinda long?)

With KK, I pot it and fold to a push.

Villain might be semi-bluffing with a draw, but it's probably not a pure flush draw so much as a OESFD, GSSFD, or pair and a flush draw. Of course, he might have a set or two pair. I think, given my read on the opponent, I fold to the big flop raise.

Now, if I pick up on a pattern of this more times than I give villain credit for big hands and monster draws to the point that I strongly suspect he's betting into me with air for all his chips, then I'll eventually call and hope I caught him instead of him catching me.
Old 11-04-2005, 07:37 PM

Default Re: Taking The Opposite Side (kinda long?)

Another approach is to limp/re-raise for a larger, pot-committing amount preflop. If no one raises, just play for set value, and don't get married to KK out of position in a mult-way pot.

That way, especially if villain is TAG on the button, he'll probably raise with a large number of hands, and may very well call a re-raise to $50 or $60. Let's say KK limps, then there are 5 limpers to TAG on the button who raises to $20, then you reraise to $60 and there is one limper who calls, then the button might call too. At that point, there is a good case for KK to push on this flop to take down the big pot with the overpair (or pay off the lucky limper that spiked a set, or charge anybody at all as much as possible to draw out).