Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-04-2005, 12:22 AM

Default Re: I cost myself this hand

Haven't read anything else...Probably already been said.

Preflop I'm only calling if I'm pretty sure the BB is coming along. UTG+2 is calling for sure. 4 to the flop sounds nice. It's not a horrible error I would guess knowing it's going to be 3-handed.

Flop: I like the bet, though a C/C wouldn't be all bad either, thus keeping UTG+2 in the pot to pad our draw. I can't believe UTG+2 folded to 1 bet, but probably didn't want to get sandwiched.

TURN: Bet out. I would C/R if I had C/C'd the flop. I bet/3-bet here.

River: Looks good. What else can you do when the board pairs broadway on the river, AND you don't have the nut flush?

I don't see how you "lost" this hand. With the range of hands you "lose" to on this board, I'd say MP3 played it horribly and let you out quite cheap. I suppose if he had a set or 2-pair on the flop he was waiting until the turn to pop you. But with trips or 2-pair on the flop, and UTG+2 dropping out, he should really be raising I'd think.

You played it okay. I would say your flush getting beat by a full house isn't a BIG leak. If you 3-bet the river and called a cap, then yeah, that I think'd be spew, but nothing in this hand tells me it could have turned out any other way except for maybe a pre-flop fold.
Old 11-04-2005, 12:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I replayed the hand in PT with the pot odds window on (been finding that helpful lately). If I had bet into the turn, he'd need 8 outs to call. This makes a set an iffy call, and calling with 2pr -EV. By my c/r-ing the turn, he needed only 6 outs to call, which he did correctly.

[/ QUOTE ]

If this is the kind of conclusion you draw from replaying hands in PT, stop doing that. Villan only had four outs if he was behind you (actually, three, but he wouldn't know you were holding a T); whether you bet into him or c/r'd him he was calling you to the river, and he'd be right to because he thought he was ahead, and nothing you could do would change that. I'd have done the same thing with a flopped two-pair.
Old 11-04-2005, 01:38 AM

I'm sure no one will agree with this. I might have called this depending on the table. The flop bet looks good. I lead the turn--he may have a backdoor flush draw (A or Q)and I don't want to give him a free card. I cap the river. Nine times out of ten (who knows if this is accurate) pairing the board will NOT cause you to lose this hand. What else are you afraid of? A higher Flush? Not likely. I think you missed a river bet.