Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-2005, 12:48 AM

Default Re: alright, let me see if I can avoid butchering this one

"The BB, a lag who is more laggy than normal and right now spewing caps."

When I read this statement, it does not conjure the idea that s/he might be doing this with any two; it suggests that his/her range is large, but not necessarily large enough that AJo(772)r becomes impressive. If the lag is a maniac, and we have gotten to this flop, I say one can raise the rock's bet and shut down if the rock stays in. HU with a maniac is nice, but you have not said he was a maniac. Of course I think the rock never has AK here based on the read, so I wouldn't bet in reality.

"I don't mean to sound dismissive but this situation is not at all about showing down a winner so a hot and cold simulation doesn't apply at all. "

Just using the simulation to confirm/reject/quantify my intuition, particularly regarding the preflop betting. Nonetheless, we will have to show down a winner if the BB is manaical enough for us to consider making the above play, so it help to explore it.
Old 11-03-2005, 12:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyhoo, this is another $15-30 game, 8 handed.

You raise in LMP with A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. The button (rock who is very tight, very passive. He doesn't often raise, even his good hands. He *never* bluffs.) 3-bets. The BB, a lag who is more laggy than normal and right now spewing caps. You call, Rock calls.

The flop comes 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

The BB bets. You?

[/ QUOTE ]

...step into the "Way Back" machine and fold preflop after the raise and cap...
Old 11-03-2005, 01:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If flat calling to see if Button raises tells us anything new about his hand, doesn't it tell us even more if he 3-bets after we raise?

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess calling two cold on the flop might be a bit more telling than his calling one. But I think the author's point is that button raising this flop is basically the same thing as his 3 betting our raise and half as expensive for us.
Old 11-03-2005, 10:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Anyhoo, this is another $15-30 game, 8 handed.

You raise in LMP with A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. The button (rock who is very tight, very passive. He doesn't often raise, even his good hands. He *never* bluffs.) 3-bets. The BB, a lag who is more laggy than normal and right now spewing caps. You call, Rock calls.

The flop comes 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

The BB bets. You?

[/ QUOTE ]

...step into the "Way Back" machine and fold preflop after the raise and cap...

[/ QUOTE ]

meh.... capper will cap any 2 cards, he has a raise or fold mentality. Yes he is increasing the size of the pot but he is often dead money in the hand. His position is vital to this situation, by being in between the maniac and the button you can often manipulate the two with the right flop.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]