Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2005, 01:40 AM

Default Re: Weightlifting Advice

It's kind of the male version of getting fake tits.

Then again, some kids and adults feel compelled to take it to keep up with all the other guys taking it in competitive sports.
Old 11-02-2005, 01:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I wouldnt stick some novice on a bunch of pyramids, drop-sets and burn-out sets. People cant handle those sorts of workouts without experience. Dont expect them to be able to do the 12-16 set work outs per 1 muscle group per day routine.

[/ QUOTE ]

NOooooooo way.... wasn't suggesting that at all... my suggestion actually would be to come up with a 3-4 day split and do one compound movement for each muscle group and one support movement. 3 sets of 10 reps each.

That along with an excessive amount of clean food should produce very respectable gains for an ectomorph (which I presume OP is, given the fact that he mentioned he and his workout buddy were a tad underweight).

Good plan for Chest for example would be Barbell Bench Press or Dips for the main compound exercise and Incline DB Press for the support... and for Back it could be Pullups for the main movement and Lat Pulldowns or Seated Cable Rows for the support.

6 sets per bodypart. 12 sets per workout. A noob will EASILY put on 10-15lbs in 4-6 weeks if he eats enough... even an ecto.

No reason whatsoever to start with a shitty routine and then improve to something better when you can just cheat and take advantage of the wealth of information available to you on the Internet and start off with the right stuff.
Old 11-02-2005, 01:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
oh and that's if you ever choose to use gear, and i advise against that. unless you're a competitive athlete, there's really no incentive to do so.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its the only reason I did.
Old 11-02-2005, 01:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
oh and that's if you ever choose to use gear, and i advise against that. unless you're a competitive athlete, there's really no incentive to do so.

[/ QUOTE ]

I second this. You don't need gear to build a body women will desire and men will envy. Unless you plan to a) compete, b) get freakishly huge, or c) wtfpwn the playing field in sports, then save yourself $ and hassle and stay natural.
Old 11-02-2005, 01:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I wouldnt stick some novice on a bunch of pyramids, drop-sets and burn-out sets. People cant handle those sorts of workouts without experience. Dont expect them to be able to do the 12-16 set work outs per 1 muscle group per day routine.

[/ QUOTE ]

NOooooooo way.... wasn't suggesting that at all... my suggestion actually would be to come up with a 3-4 day split and do one compound movement for each muscle group and one support movement. 3 sets of 10 reps each.

That along with an excessive amount of clean food should produce very respectable gains for an ectomorph (which I presume OP is, given the fact that he mentioned he and his workout buddy were a tad underweight).

Good plan for Chest for example would be Barbell Bench Press or Dips for the main compound exercise and Incline DB Press for the support... and for Back it could be Pullups for the main movement and Lat Pulldowns or Seated Cable Rows for the support.

6 sets per bodypart. 12 sets per workout. A noob will EASILY put on 10-15lbs in 4-6 weeks if he eats enough... even an ecto.

No reason whatsoever to start with a shitty routine and then improve to something better when you can just cheat and take advantage of the wealth of information available to you on the Internet and start off with the right stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]

ditto spot on
Old 11-02-2005, 01:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Its the only reason I did.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well than quit telling people who barely know their way around a weight room to gear up. Its [censored] dumb, and as you agreed with, pointless.
Old 11-02-2005, 01:52 AM

hey micheal,
for someone with no weight training expereince, the circuit is the recommended method. Your tendons, muscles, cardiovascular, and nervous system, are not adapted to working out. This places little strain and gives your body a chance to get in gear for more serious excercise. This should be done only 3 times a week

On a side note: I saw the thread about spiderman vs batman and it had a link to a comic about superman vs. batman. WTF, when did these guys fights. If anyone knows anything please provide a link, some info, or PM me.
Old 11-02-2005, 01:59 AM

Dont use machines

What are the facilities at the gym, can u do benchpress, squat and deadlift?
How about powercleans?
Will someone kill u if i let 100 pounds fall to the floor after u have snatched/clean and jerked it? (not really suggesting to last 2 unless u can get help by people who know about this stuff)

IMO gaining mass isnt done magically by doing exact 8-10 reps, its fine for the first months, because of tecnique isues, but I see no reason to also get stronger later on.

The main thing in gaining mass will always end up being about ur diet, espicially if u are small/skinny/whatever the english word is. U have to start eat more, a lot of people have a hard time getting this in the beginning.

Have many days a week do u expect to train? (will make routine suggestions easier)

And yeah, marcello's routine is no good due to the lack of progression

EDIT:
Just read some of the drug discusion;
Dont do drugs!

besides that, I think it is crazy starting to talk about drugs to him, he has just started to workout FFS, that addikt guy talks about it in a way where it sounds like if u train weights then u need to do drugs, me dont like.

-----------
Somewhat hijack, just would like to know:
How common is drugs in normal weight training in US?
Old 11-02-2005, 01:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
hey micheal,
for someone with no weight training expereince, the circuit is the recommended method. Your tendons, muscles, cardiovascular, and nervous system, are not adapted to working out. This places little strain and gives your body a chance to get in gear for more serious excercise. This should be done only 3 times a week

On a side note: I saw the thread about spiderman vs batman and it had a link to a comic about superman vs. batman. WTF, when did these guys fights. If anyone knows anything please provide a link, some info, or PM me.

[/ QUOTE ]

shutup.
Old 11-02-2005, 02:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Its fine if you are a beginner.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the thing, early on it matters much less what you do than that you're doing something. You'll gain on almost any program.

I happen to be a big believer in full-body workout programs. They're slightly different than a circuit in that you don't jump from exercise to exercise quickly. But I think most split programs are pretty silly for most people.

[/ QUOTE ]

oh cool, the guy who spends more time on his computer than anyone else is going to tell me how to left weights. i usually dont value your opinion high. this time i dont value it at all.