Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2005, 07:15 PM

Default Re: Please look at my 50K stats. I must totally suck.

[ QUOTE ]
I don't consider anyone advanced unless they've made over $100K playing poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't like this thinking. There are quite a few members of this very forum who's understanding of the game right now is deeper than I may ever get. Using money earned as a measure of a poker player is quite a faux pas. Chris Moneymaker is definitely not the 2nd best player in the world. Similarly, you shouldn't judge yourself or any member of this forum by their winnings or stakes. Judge them by their posts and their strategy.
Old 11-01-2005, 07:16 PM

post of the thread. nice one.
Old 11-01-2005, 07:17 PM

An important concept that a lot of rocks miss is how important position is. Go to the position stats tab on PT. As you get closer to the button your VPIP should go up as well as your PFR. Take a hand like 33. It plays horrible in early and mid position on a tight table. But if you have 33 and it is folded around to you on the button, it is an automatic raise. Same for other marginal hands like Axo, etc.

I bet you are playing easily dominated hands like Q10o from every position.

Also realize that you are a winning player BUT you are not beating the rake.

You can be profitable as a rock but you will need to improve your postflop skills. Saying things like I'm going to stop ck raising is foolish. If you don't when or why to ck raise, then that is something to learn.

I don't think it is a good idea to play 5 tables if you are not winning. Cut back to one or two until you are beating the game. The only way to play 5 is ABC poker but that requires you have the fundamentals down cold. I'm an MD as well. Obviously we have limited time to devote to grinding. It would be better for you in the long run to learn the game and stop grinding the micros for pocket change.

Most of the people on here will try to help you. But realize stats provide limited information in which people can make broad comments. Posting hands and replying to threads helps you learn the specifics.
Old 11-01-2005, 07:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Those look like my numbers. 13/5 [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

My November goal is to get those numbers up while making BB's at the same time. I went from 2/4 all the way down to .1/.2 because I really don't have a good grasp of the game and I may as well learn on the cheap until I get it together. The replies on this post have been good reading for me. Nice job guys.

[/ QUOTE ]

if you have the BR for 2/4, you prob should have only dropped down to .5/1

though .1/.2 might be good for a raise/fold experiment, where you don't limp ever .. just to get a feel for playing more aggro with minimal money risk
Old 11-01-2005, 07:27 PM

i've treated thousands of patients for free and i'm sure the other MD on this thread has done the same.

your post comparing poker to medicine was a snore by the way. go on a medical forum if you want to talk about that stuff. this forum is for poker.
Old 11-01-2005, 07:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i've treated thousands of patients for free and i'm sure the other MD on this thread has done the same.

your post comparing poker to medicine was a snore by the way. go on a medical forum if you want to talk about that stuff. this forum is for poker.

[/ QUOTE ]
Wow. Just...wow. If arrogance makes you a great doctor, then you must be at the top of your field. Unfortunately, it won't help you here.
Old 11-01-2005, 07:33 PM

I'll try and help but first I need a little more information.

First:

What site were you playing these 50k hands of 1/2?

Second:

You say you've read books, now which books are those? I'm sure there are a lot of people losing money following Phil Hellmuth's "play poker like the pros." Is ITH the only one you've read? If so you are losing a ton of opportunities by following the preflop chart in that book. If that's the case you need to go out and buy Small Stakes Hold'em by Ed Miller and Theory of Poker by David Sklansky and use your photographic memory to fully understand every concept in those books. The books you have read and apply will help most of us understand how you are playing and what needs to be corrected.

Third:

Do you use a heads up display to keep tabs on your opponents? If you don't, immediately, and I do mean now, go buy Poker Ace HUD or Playerview or Gametime+, check them all out see which one you like best. Most around here will recommend Poker Ace HUD, that's what I use and I love it. It's hard to beat the rake multitabling these limits without some help from a HUD. Poker is a people game and paying several tables at at time online prevents most of that. The only way to make up for it is to use the notes feature of website and a good HUD.

4th:

List your VP$IP and PFR numbers by position.

5th and final:

How do you select that games in which you sit?
Old 11-01-2005, 07:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]

you guys should just stop bashing me, but i doubt it will happen. people twisting my words into calling people idiots and what not... totally crazy! I'm here to have fun! there are much more serious things in life than poker.

[/ QUOTE ]
Are you delusional or just extremely thin skinned? I think there have been a lot of people, including many you are accusing of "bashing" you, that have offered helpful advise. They took time and effort to try to help you. And you are going to accuse them of being mean to you? Please. That is insulting.

Truth be told, you are most likely not very good at poker. People have elaborated as to why/how. That does not make you unintelligent, but I think it calls for a high degree of self examination. You seem to have a real attitude problem. There is no room for your ego here. You are not a special little snowflake. Get over yourself.
Old 11-01-2005, 07:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This reply is nonsense.

The post wasn't about "that stuff," man. It was a well-meaning attempt to show you the flaw in your thinking.

Is it par for the course in your field to come to a conclusion using the barest of facts, and then hold onto that conclusion for dear life, desite what your colleagues may point out to the contrary?

I certainly hope not.

Do you see why?

[ QUOTE ]
You are not a special little snowflake.

[/ QUOTE ]

nh sir.
Old 11-01-2005, 07:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
You can brag about being an MD all you want, but there are a lot of educated people on this board, and most of them are much better at poker than you. VR was trying to help you, and you just totally dissed her. And yeah, that makes me a little angry -- again, these people are going out of thier way to help you. You are basically trolling at this point, and if you are just going to continue doing this you should probably stop posting here and find a poker message board where they will kiss your little owies and tell you it will all be okay. That way you can keep loosing money, but no one will damage yr fragile little ego.