Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2005, 07:17 PM

Default Re: woman help

[ QUOTE ]
All of these responses to reward or coddle her for acting like a child are ridiculous. It's one thing to get pissed at work, everyone does. But acting all upset and storming out without explanation of what the problem is should only be expected if you are dating her. I'm not saying fire her because she might be an otherwise good employee, but it needs to be made clear that if, in the future, she can't handle her problems like an adult and come to you if there is an issue, then she can find another job.

[/ QUOTE ]

perfect.
Old 10-26-2005, 07:20 PM

Default Re: update

[ QUOTE ]
Gone as in gone for the day. I told her to go home. The story is too long to retell and not really all that exciting. At first I felt really sorry for her but now I'm starting to feel otherwise.

[/ QUOTE ]

If the reason for her tantrum is something trivial then I would definitely talk to her when she returns to work and tell her that this type of behavior is not acceptable. Women have tendency to turn on the water work for ridiculous reasons. She is in a professional environment and therefore expected to behave professionally.
Old 10-26-2005, 07:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Gone as in gone for the day. I told her to go home. The story is too long to retell and not really all that exciting. At first I felt really sorry for her but now I'm starting to feel otherwise.

[/ QUOTE ]

oh c'mon tell the story.
Old 10-26-2005, 07:26 PM

Default Re: woman help

she pwned your authori-tie
Old 10-26-2005, 07:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

oh c'mon tell the story.

[/ QUOTE ]

seriously. just reading this makes me want this chick fired. totally unprofessional actions.
Old 10-26-2005, 07:33 PM

This thread makes me realise I'm such a pushover [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 10-26-2005, 07:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

oh c'mon tell the story.

[/ QUOTE ]

seriously. just reading this makes me want this chick fired. totally unprofessional actions.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not really that uncommon. When I worked for a big 4 accounting firm which suppossedly only hired the very best people this type of incident happened 3-4 times a year within the professionals (CPA's) themselves. Most times it was a result of the client being rude (extremely common) combined with a frustration at work. Other times it was the senior saying something. At first it makes everyone sane extremely uncomfortable but after the same chick does it a second time people tend not to give a [censored]. I never saw anyone get fired though and I would bet that would turn into a huge hassle. In accounting atleast it did tend to make work and career much easier for certain types of guys.

the truth the girls that pull this BS at college don't all of sudden grow up once they get a job.
Old 10-26-2005, 07:35 PM

3 poeple in our office. Me. My boss. The Secretary. Boss is out of the country right now. Boss asks secretary to do all sorts of personal things, like babysit and go to Costco. He can be a real pain in the ass.

Yesterday I ask Secretary to call our bank to retrieve a piece of info. The bank has two branches, with a woman of the same name working at both branches. Secretary asks to talk to Patricia. She is transferred to the wrong Patricia in the wrong branch. Secretary starts asking for the information thinking it's the Patricia she normally talks to. Evil Patricia turns into a bitch. I can tell because Secretary is stammering and apologizing and asking to be transferred to the Patricia in the other branch. Patricia won't do this and hangs up. Secretary is irritated and fires off an email to the bank complaining of her rude treatment. I supported her in this. Boss hears from our relationship manager. Boss criticizes secretary for not complaining through him. Then Boss tells secretary she can't take Friday off because she has to pick him up at the airport. Secretary starts bawling. Which is surprising because normally she is a pretty tough girl. Grew up in a refugee camp.

I told you it was a boring story.
Old 10-26-2005, 07:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the truth the girls that pull this BS at college don't all of sudden grow up once they get a job.

[/ QUOTE ]

Old 10-26-2005, 07:45 PM

Weird. I just got done firing an admin largely for not being able to deal w/ this sort of stuff without getting too wound up.