Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Group 4 - Four vs. Ten
Predator (4) 117 74.05%
Bloodsport (10) 41 25.95%
Voters: 158. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-26-2005, 12:04 PM

Default Re: Does this count as winning a fight?

He didnt go and pick the fight with the kid, he said the kid starrted with him. Granted he did want to get into a fight.

and it may have been a cheap way to win, but he still won the fight.
Old 10-26-2005, 12:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I promise that if you fight me, I'm going to try to [censored] kill you, so you better be doing the same to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're so tough.

It's clear you're not a fighter.

[/ QUOTE ]
Someone pulling a knife in a fight - like Despot did - is exactly why I said I would do my best to break my opponents hands/wrists/arms.

I can't believe people are so blase about fights. Rather, I can believe it, but I'm a bit irked that people can be so naive about it even when the obvious is pointed out.

[/ QUOTE ]

My point is that most of the fights I've seen or been involved in are started by some drunk a-hole in a bar. No one deserves to die and no one should go to prison.
Enough of this high school "I don't fight - I kill" crap. If you're willing to go to prison over some guy talking sh*t about the Red Sox or whatever and taking a swing at you, you've got serious problems.
Old 10-26-2005, 12:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My point is that most of the fights I've seen or been involved in are started by some drunk a-hole in a bar.

[/ QUOTE ]
Do you think DespotInExile is a) a myth, b) very rare, c) uncommon, or d) common?

Obviously its pretty dependent on context - and I think his quote "I will [censored] kill you" was exaggeration - but I'd say the answer is close enough to c) for me not want to take any chances, even in a place as tame as Demonbreun.

For Despot: what were the legal consequences when you sent those two guys to the hospital?
Old 10-26-2005, 12:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Mapplethorpe

[/ QUOTE ]

lol. good one.
Old 10-26-2005, 12:37 PM

This guy sounds like the biggest dick ever. It's truly amazing.
Old 10-26-2005, 12:40 PM

In the case of the broken arm, the guy was arrested. (I intervened after he attacked a woman in an elevator.)

In the case of the broken knee, there was no consequence because I left the scene of the fight with him lying on the ground moaning.
Old 10-26-2005, 12:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
My point is that most of the fights I've seen or been involved in are started by some drunk a-hole in a bar.

[/ QUOTE ]
Do you think DespotInExile is a) a myth, b) very rare, c) uncommon, or d) common?

Obviously its pretty dependent on context - and I think his quote "I will [censored] kill you" was exaggeration - but I'd say the answer is close enough to c) for me not want to take any chances, even in a place as tame as Demonbreun.

For Despot: what were the legal consequences when you sent those two guys to the hospital?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure what you are referring to about DespotInExile. I obviously missed a thread.
I'm not saying there aren't times your life is in danger. I'm just saying that in 5 years bouncing nearly all the fights were not in that category, yet the people involved were always talking about killing each other/trying to stab each other with broken beer bottles etc. over the silliest things.
Old 10-26-2005, 12:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In the case of the broken arm, the guy was arrested. (I intervened after he attacked a woman in an elevator.)

In the case of the broken knee, there was no consequence because I left the scene of the fight with him lying on the ground moaning.

[/ QUOTE ]

See, this is my point. You won the fight and then it was over.
Old 10-26-2005, 12:45 PM

I dont know what type of establishment you bounced at, but I have known a number of bouncers, most of whom have been stabbed or cut at least once. Its a crap job, and I wouldn't do it for any amount of money. (Mind you, bouncing is a very controlled environment. You guys have the numbers, and when 6 ginormous guys swarm on two guys fighting, the fight gets over fast. Random street violence occurs in a much less controlled environment, e.g., after a traffic accident when one guy is agitated.)
Old 10-26-2005, 12:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I dont know what type of establishment you bounced at, but I have known a number of bouncers, most of whom have been stabbed or cut at least once. Its a crap job, and I wouldn't do it for any amount of money.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been cut, concussed, etc. but never stabbed, etc.
I chalk it up to youthful stupidity.
I guess I'm sensitized to some comments because I knew patrons and bouncers that would have this attitude of "If we're fighting I'm trying to kill..." and I was amazed by it.
Some of the bouncers went to prison because of their enthusiasm for the job and I can't believe someone would throw away their life for something so stupid as a barfight.
(Again, I'm not saying that there aren't exceptions where your life is really in danger)