Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2005, 12:19 PM

Default Re: A6s with pair & flush draw on flop

[ QUOTE ]
Continuing...
Hero checked on the river; Button bet and limper overcalled.

Action back to hero. Pot now contains 13.25 big bets.

Recap - Board reads: 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]; Hero has A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Hero...?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm. I would've definitely bet/called, but this is now an easy call, yes? Are you fearing exactly AA/KK/AK?
Old 10-26-2005, 03:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Continuing...
Hero checked on the river; Button bet and limper overcalled.

Action back to hero. Pot now contains 13.25 big bets.

Recap - Board reads: 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]; Hero has A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Hero...?

[/ QUOTE ]

Continuing...

Hero check-raised the river and Button three bet. MP/limper called. Action back to Hero. (Pot contains 19.25 big bets)

Hero... ?

[I'll share my own opinions on the hand afterwards -- don't want to bias anyone...]
Old 10-26-2005, 01:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Continuing...

Hero actually just called the button's three bet. The turn was a K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Limper checked to hero.

Needless to say, Hero checked (missed his draw, and now the odds don't justify a bet). Button bet, both limper and hero called.

The river was A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].

Limper checked.

Hero... ? (the pot contains 11.25 big bets...)

[BTW, I think the turn play seems pretty standard which is why I described it fully. Chime in if you disagree...]

[/ QUOTE ]

Check the turn and bet the river. Checking this river really puts that 'throw-up' taste in the back of my mouth at live 4/8 where people go limp and lose value bets on the river ALL the time.

You have to REALLY know the BT is going to bet this river so you can c/r. I'm not sying it's not possible to 'know' BT will bet, just that you better be sure or you are losing value.
Old 10-26-2005, 01:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Back to the action:

Hero did indeed raise (as apparently planned since he had a good feeling that the button would bet, and wanted to build the pot). The button three bet. The first limper called, and the second limper folded.

Action back to Hero. (Pot now contains 18.5 small bets)

Hero... ??

[/ QUOTE ]

Down to 2 opponents, with the BT liking his hand, I just call his 3-bet and I'm ready to see the turn.
Old 10-25-2005, 10:07 PM

Location: \"Let me make it nearly unanimous -- misplayed on every street.\"

This is a 4/8 game so many of the things I look for I'd probably just ignore.

First part of this question, I bet into the preflop raiser. IF he faces the field with two cold, I really don't care especially if he'll do it with overcards. He is going to see a 3rd bet from me no matter how many players call. The pot is decent size anyway and will be worth winning either way. In general when I have an equity edge money is going into the pot.

On the second half, if I checkraised I would probably cap it unless we can narrow the other hand down to sets or aces(some players you can). I would also note the people who played soft through this action, because if they change their stripes on the next round we can safely discount many outs and limit what we call with on the river.
Old 10-26-2005, 01:09 PM

I would bet here and call 1 bet if reraised. Your guy has middle pair with the nut flush draw.