Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2005, 12:54 AM

Default Re: \"Do not leave a message\"

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Just say something like this, "Hi [insert hottie's name here], this is Wacki. I enjoyed speaking with you at the [insert place like mall, bar, whorehouse here] the other day. Too bad I missed you, I'll try to catch up with you later."

[/ QUOTE ]
Would it be +EV to append: "Some people say I shouldn't leave a message in this spot, but I'm not into playing games, and I hope you aren't either."? I would think it would be, if delivered with a casual confidence.

[/ QUOTE ]

uh, when you "play the game," you're making moves based on how you want to be perceived.

now, why would you add the last part about "not being into playing games" unless it's because you want her to know that you know that you're breaking convention, thus trying to manipulate her perception of you, thus playing the game.
Old 10-26-2005, 04:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]

uh, when you "play the game," you're making moves based on how you want to be perceived.

now, why would you add the last part about "not being into playing games" unless it's because you want her to know that you know that you're breaking convention, thus trying to manipulate her perception of you, thus playing the game.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yah, yah, the whole "you claiming to not have a line, ~is~ your line" bit was done in Singles. But ok, maybe you are right. Maybe you are playing a game and manipulating the recipient's perception of you. If that's true, I would still say there's a signifigant difference between what is commonly thought of when people talk about 'game playing', i.e. manipulating the other person into thinking you are too cool to care one way or another about them (with the goal of getting them to chase after you), versus manipulating someone into having a straight-forward, openly communicative, and honest relationship with you.
Old 10-26-2005, 05:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you claiming to not have a line, ~is~ your line" bit was done in Singles

[/ QUOTE ]

heh sorry if i seemed unoriginal, i dont know what that is. TV show?

[ QUOTE ]
versus manipulating someone into having a straight-forward, openly communicative, and honest relationship with you

[/ QUOTE ]

but a non game-playing guy makes that happen without trying to protect himself from looking clumsy/inexperienced (which IMO is what saying "i know i'm supposed to wait but i'm not into playing games" is). e.g. "i like you a lot, are you free on friday?" which maybe doesn't sound the best, which is maybe why playing the game is so popular.