Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2005, 07:54 PM

Default Re: HUSH under new moderation - input appreciated!

[ QUOTE ]
It would have made more sense back before they added the 20/40+ games to include 5/10. But now it doesn't really fit.

[/ QUOTE ]

That makes sense. Objection withdrawn.
Old 10-24-2005, 08:04 PM

My only request is that you regularly divulge all the confidential info to which you will evidently be privy. Especially the gossip about who's sleeping with whom.

While we're on that topic, who did you have to sleep with to reach this lofty pinnacle?
Old 10-24-2005, 08:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I know that this subject has been beaten to death with a giant sledgehammer, but can we do 5/10 and up? I feel like middle limit (book) strategy really starts to apply at 5/10.

[/ QUOTE ]

Problem is thats still low limit. Your argument can also be applied to 3/6. In fact it can really be applied against any decent opponent.

Limit wise it should be no different than the Mid/High forum.
Old 10-24-2005, 08:26 PM

SPLLLLLLLITTTTTTTTTTZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
Old 10-24-2005, 08:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't really care about not being a mod of HUSH because HUSH is in pretty good shape. I'm still bitter about not being one in ss when I posted there a lot. there was a point where pretty much every regular poster for 3+ months left except me and I think I (and a few others) pretty much held it together. now it's [censored]. I just basically feel it's a priviledge for those who spend a lot of time here, contribute a lot, and tedn to stay on topic more, which I think I do more/better than almost anyone.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. I think it just started going downhill so quickly that ppl just felt it wasnt worthwhile to stick around anymore.

I am thankful that when I first started playing in October (2004), from about there until April-ish...SS was a pretty decent place and very helpful to me when I was starting out in this heinous game.
Old 10-24-2005, 08:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Pester those above you to split the forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Apparently I should have read the whole thread. When did quote pyramids become uncool?

Seriously, we need the split. Many of us are stuck posting in Micros where we get only a few responses to questions because most play ring. It seems silly posting beginning questions and such in a forum where people are pulling down thousands a month.

Retarded quote pyramid or not, we need the split.
Old 10-24-2005, 09:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I don't really care about not being a mod of HUSH because HUSH is in pretty good shape. I'm still bitter about not being one in ss when I posted there a lot. there was a point where pretty much every regular poster for 3+ months left except me and I think I (and a few others) pretty much held it together. now it's [censored]. I just basically feel it's a priviledge for those who spend a lot of time here, contribute a lot, and tedn to stay on topic more, which I think I do more/better than almost anyone.

[/ QUOTE ]

So did sthief ask to be a mod in SS and then was turned down??

I'm not a mod and don't really care.
If someone asked me to be in one of the forums I'd probably say "okay...whenever I'm around."
but I've never asked anyone if I can be a mod nor have I had anyone ask me if I wanted to be one.

I honestly have no idea how all the mods got appointed when we first started doing this. Nor do I think it's that big a deal.

I was probably the one who had pushed the hardest at times for a few select posters to be added as mods...and if they abused their powers then you just revoke their mod privleges.
I was mostly considering the 'jesus-freaks' that were littering all the different forums. And having extra mods just to more immediately get rid of really bad spammers and trolls was something that I had seen work decently at the BJ21 forums (the 2+2 for blackjack card-counters) so that was specifically what i was thinking of.

...but I think that taking it an extra-step and having the various mods create and help out in the individual forum 'policies' and FAQ's and what-not has proven to be a good thing that I hadn't really considered.
Old 10-24-2005, 09:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So did sthief ask to be a mod in SS and then was turned down??

[/ QUOTE ]

Not that I'm aware of but in a lot of people's mind (based on the AIM gossip at the time) he was the obvious candidate and clearly got shafted.
Old 10-24-2005, 09:31 PM

I'd be a mod but then only half a dozen threads wouldn't be deleted each day.

It would be nice if you could delete the fluff like that stupid 13bb/100 thread where all the idiots want to get in on the joke and the winrate thread.

Crap like that is starting to get posted to often.
Old 10-24-2005, 09:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Pester those above you to split the forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

Duly noted.

Surf