Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2005, 09:51 AM

Default Re: 55s: I do not know if I am running horribly or playing like a donk

i just moved up to the 109s and i found it a very hard transition from the 55s......you just have to make a slow change...play 2 tables and pay close attention to the players....until you get the hang of the play....make one day of the week only 55s....keep the rest in the 33s to make sure you dont loose too much money...soon enough ull be doing 2/3 days and then the full switch and dominating......
Old 10-25-2005, 11:06 AM

Default Re: 55s: I do not know if I am running horribly or playing like a donk...

[ QUOTE ]
I'd have folded 84o and J2o but I think the worst hand in here is the 88 hand, in which you made 2 decisions that were both really bad.

QTo is kinda funny because six months ago I'd have said to fold. A bunch of multis later, I would never fold this to a button minraise in an MTT and don't think calling is terrible in an SNG. I'd prefer pushing, though.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree re: QT...

Am I the only one here who thinks the 84 hand is a push (besides OP obviously)? I know its a terrible hand, but is waiting one more hand that big a difference? I dont want to end up in the blinds here before I take matters into my own hands, and UTG pushes as the shortstack always appear more fishy and are thus more likely called typically....i dunno...I think SNGPT would say its +EV (havent run it.
Old 10-25-2005, 11:20 AM

I have, it's +$EV only if they both call with 23%, that's any ace any pair, and I believe they call with more than that here as your stack is miniscule compared to theirs.. that is the problem.
Old 10-25-2005, 11:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I have, it's +$EV only if they both call with 23%, that's any ace any pair, and I believe they call with more than that here as your stack is miniscule compared to theirs.. that is the problem.

[/ QUOTE ]

So do you think waiting for the next hand is more +EV then pushing here (statistically we assume we should be dealt a better hand on average) and if lets say, the next hand we are dealt T8, do you wait for fate in the BB? I dunno, I would push the 84 and not be so displeased with myself regardless of the result.

Note as well that half my reasoning for this push is taking into account that I am half the stack of 3rd place here. Cards are sooooted and live...aint that bad. (better question is always "how did I get to this moment of desperation?" which is why "bust out" hands are not always that helpful to analyze out of context)
Old 10-25-2005, 11:32 AM

8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] is sooted?! [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 10-25-2005, 11:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] is sooted?! [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

oops, I am a solitaire player at heart I guess. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Thought they were, anyway, doesnt matter that much...3-4%?

but still, my question still stands. When you pass here what is your course of action, what range do you push UTG next hand?
Old 10-25-2005, 11:37 AM

I really don't know, to be honest. It's one of those "I'd have to be there".

By the way I am already allowing for this push to be exactly neutral EV, without any added +0.5% or whatever, because of the fact we're desperate.
Old 10-25-2005, 11:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I really don't know, to be honest. It's one of those "I'd have to be there".

By the way I am already allowing for this push to be exactly neutral EV, without any added +0.5% or whatever, because of the fact we're desperate.

[/ QUOTE ]

So BB is getting, off the top of my head, like 2-1 to call...yeah its probably a -EV push, but you might not get another +EV situation until you're in the blinds in which case EVERYTHING is +EV. (because you have nothing left.)
Old 10-25-2005, 04:10 PM

Default Re: 55s: I do not know if I am running horribly or playing like a donk...

[ QUOTE ]
#Game No : 2925136332
***** Hand History for Game 2925136332 *****
NL Texas Hold'em $50 Buy-in + $5 Entry Fee Trny:16843523 Level:7 Blinds(150/300) - Monday, October 24, 16:05:54 EDT 2005
Table Table 67520 (Real Money)
Seat 3 is the button
Total number of players : 5
Seat 1: davidkimdh ( $686 )
Seat 2: AtlBrvs4Life ( $1870 )
Seat 3: hero ( $997 )
Seat 5: crizz111 ( $2560 )
Seat 8: mmorton19 ( $3887 )
Trny:16843523 Level:7
Blinds(150/300)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to hero [ 4d 8h ]
davidkimdh folds.
AtlBrvs4Life folds.
hero is all-In [997]

[/ QUOTE ]

so if you dont push with any 2 as the button, when do you push?!

when AtlBrvs4Life ($1870) is the bb and you hope you get a hand that can stand pushing through 4 players???