Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2005, 07:56 PM

Default Re: Peyton Manning

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I want to see him win a few playoff games first.

[/ QUOTE ]

So wait, the knock used to be "he hasn't won a playoff game". Now that he's won a few and took the Colts to the AFC title game, THAT'S not enough for you? Get off Brady's dick for 5 minutes and look at it objectively. Seriously.

[/ QUOTE ]
Umm... You might want to read it again. I was talking about Palmer. Apology accepted.

[/ QUOTE ]

OOOOOOOH SNAP!

edge, you really need to lighten up just a little bit with any colts discussion. any time someone says something negative about them, you pull out your guns and are ready to go to war. CHILLLLLLL.

but seriously. OH SNAP.
Old 10-18-2005, 08:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Manning may or may not be the best, but he is the hottest right now.

He is also the most annoying. Those TV commercials where he plays a suck-up fan of everyday workers are like fingernails on a blackboard.

[/ QUOTE ]

I find those commercials insulting. Basically, he's making fun of every average joe who's a football fan.

[/ QUOTE ]

PLEASE!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-18-2005, 08:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It's Manning vs. Brady vs. McNabb period.

[/ QUOTE ]

Carson Palmer is really close to entering this discussion.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's had one good quarter of a season. I guess Big Ben is close to entering this discussion too then.

[/ QUOTE ]

Carson played one of the toughest schedules for a QB last year and did a hell of a job in his first year as a starter. The difference between Carson and Ben is that Carson handles more of the offensive load than Ben.
Old 10-18-2005, 09:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

He is also the most annoying. Those TV commercials where he plays a suck-up fan of everyday workers are like fingernails on a blackboard.

[/ QUOTE ]

I find those commercials insulting. Basically, he's making fun of every average joe who's a football fan.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's a difference between "making fun of" and "parodying." I find that commercial amusing.
Old 10-18-2005, 09:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There's a difference between "making fun of" and "parodying." I find that commercial amusing.

[/ QUOTE ]
No kidding. Proof once again that no matter how innocent something is, there is some thin-skinned tool who will get offended by it.

As for Peyton...
He is my favorite player and plays for my favorite team, and I used to be the type that defended him all the time etc. But nobody is more aware than him what his shortcomings are and what he has to do to get over them. I think he has the ability, intelligence and work ethic to overcome them. Until then I will just have to feel the same way Bulls fans felt when the Pistons kept beating them in the late 80's.
He is coming close to the "Elway or Marino" crossroads in his career and it will be interesting to see how he deals with it. Now that the Colts have a defense the only person who can do anything about his reputation is himself.
Old 10-18-2005, 10:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
No kidding. Proof once again that no matter how innocent something is, there is some thin-skinned tool who will get offended by it.

As for Peyton...
He is my favorite player and plays for my favorite team, and I used to be the type that defended him all the time etc. But nobody is more aware than him what his shortcomings are and what he has to do to get over them. I think he has the ability, intelligence and work ethic to overcome them. Until then I will just have to feel the same way Bulls fans felt when the Pistons kept beating them in the late 80's.
He is coming close to the "Elway or Marino" crossroads in his career and it will be interesting to see how he deals with it. Now that the Colts have a defense the only person who can do anything about his reputation is himself.

[/ QUOTE ]

As a Patriots fan, it will be hard watching him slaughter them this year. We should still be playoff bound, but only because we're in the AFC version of the NFC North (which...really just makes it the AFC East).

But once there, we'll probably just get slaughtered by Manning again. Ahhh, it feels good having such a good couple of years that thoughts like this don't depress you.
Old 10-19-2005, 12:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I want to see him win a few playoff games first.

[/ QUOTE ]

So wait, the knock used to be "he hasn't won a playoff game". Now that he's won a few and took the Colts to the AFC title game, THAT'S not enough for you? Get off Brady's dick for 5 minutes and look at it objectively. Seriously.

[/ QUOTE ]
Umm... You might want to read it again. I was talking about Palmer. Apology accepted.

[/ QUOTE ]

My bad. Seriously. Everybody else was talking about Brady.

And to get it all in one post here, someone said that I need to chill out or something about Manning when people rip him? I'm chilled. Trust me. But I do take minor issue with ignorant people who just want to lick Tom Brady's nutsack and totally ignore the fact that he's really a merely decent quarterback with a fantastic team structure around him.
Old 10-19-2005, 12:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
he's really a merely decent quarterback

[/ QUOTE ]

The problem is that you lose all credibility when you write stuff like this.
Old 10-19-2005, 12:18 AM

Edge,

Not valuing super bowls makes you a total jerkoff. I might be a merely decent poster but that's what I think.

brett
Old 10-19-2005, 12:51 AM

Brady is incredible. Calling him a "decent" QB is like calling Troy Aikman a "decent" QB.