Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2005, 02:08 AM

Default Re: F the police. Seriously

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The odds of the policeman slashing his tires are about 5%. Police have so many other available options for keeping this guy from moving his car that slashing his tires is just idiotic. He can remove the plates, put a boot on him, and other things.

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree, but the key element in this accusation against the officer is the dick factor, from both parties. OP was being a dick to the cop, and the cop was allegedly being a dick to OP. So the cop chose the worst way to make sure OP wouldn't leave.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a strong feeling that OP is greatly exaggerating the cop's reaction. OP commited a crime. He can try to justify it however he wants, but he destroyed a person's property. I think that this whole incident is just a way for him to try to admonish himself of any personal responsibility.

Anyway, cops deal with assholes all the time. It's pretty much their job. They don't go around slashing everyone's tires.
Old 10-18-2005, 07:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I was trying to call AAA, he made me hang up forcibly and told me to leave.

[/ QUOTE ]

At most games nowaday,you shouldn't call AAA, you should raise it. People will pay you off with many dubious holdings, and even if you are behind to a flush or straight, you could improve to a boat.
Old 10-18-2005, 08:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

The police still shouldn't slash his tires. He could have done something much less extreme like taking the guys plates. The evidence against the policeman in this case is still circumstancial, but if he really did slash the tires he is a [censored] [censored].

[/ QUOTE ]

The odds of the policeman slashing his tires are about 5%. Police have so many other available options for keeping this guy from moving his car that slashing his tires is just idiotic. He can remove the plates, put a boot on him, and other things.

I think OP is just an idiot who got pissed off that the cop inconvenienced him by not allowing him to move his car after he destroyed someone's property. If someone did it, it was likely the property owner or just some random hooligan.

[/ QUOTE ]

I doubt it was the old guy, but I wouldn't be surprised if the old guy got talking to his kid about all the ruckus, and his infuriated kid came over and took out his fury at you messing with his dad's business by [censored] over your car.

Who knows, but if some idiot came slamming his car through the property of my frail old helpless dad, I would be crazy mad and the thought of slashing his tires would be very attractive to me. Especially since I would the one, not my elderly dad, who had to do the work of fixing the screwed up lawn. That idea would definitely take a well-earned anger and make it even worse.
Old 10-18-2005, 08:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So my car gets stuck on private property late Saturday night. Police Officer (real rude [censored])says I cant tow it then and force me to leave very pissed off at him getting a ride from a friend who lives nearby. Cop even refused to drive me home. I said some very mean things to him and was a real [censored] because of the way he was treating me and clearly I was pissing him off. Next morning the tires are slashed. This happened in a suburban neighborhood, no real obvious culprits, no kids live nearby. The body shop says it looks 100% like it was done by a police officer to ground the vehicle incase i tried to get it out that night to avoid property damage charges. So i go to the station and politely ask the officer if he did it. He harasses me some more this time in the station. He denies it. I plan on speaking to the police chief tommarow but has anyone heard of them doing this? Incase i might illegally move the car?

[/ QUOTE ]

Next time you see him about, beat him within an inch of his life, preferably with something heavy and metal, a crowbar is ideal for this. Talking to self important little pricks in uniform will do no good.
Old 10-18-2005, 09:51 AM

Similar NJ Police story...I was talking to a friend at a two table home tournament on Friday, and he mentioned he had been pulled over the week before at 2am on Sunday on suspicion of drunk driving. Guy refused to take a road test, and instead asked for the breathalyzer. Blew a 0.06 (0.08 is limit in NJ). Cop blew a gasket that he refused to take the road test. Gave him an assortment of tickets (including DUI) and impounded his car. When friend went to pick up car, noticed that his iPod and some other stuff in his car was gone. Went back to the station to file a report, and basically got laughed at.
Old 10-18-2005, 09:59 AM

Guys doing the towing and the storing are the first guys I would suspect of taking stuff out of the car.
Old 10-18-2005, 10:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this has been the background on my computer for like 2 years
Old 10-18-2005, 10:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Similar NJ Police story...I was talking to a friend at a two table home tournament on Friday, and he mentioned he had been pulled over the week before at 2am on Sunday on suspicion of drunk driving. Guy refused to take a road test, and instead asked for the breathalyzer. Blew a 0.06 (0.08 is limit in NJ). Cop blew a gasket that he refused to take the road test. Gave him an assortment of tickets (including DUI) and impounded his car. When friend went to pick up car, noticed that his iPod and some other stuff in his car was gone. Went back to the station to file a report, and basically got laughed at.

[/ QUOTE ]

When cars are impounded, the police officer has to make an inventory of what he finds in the car. Your friend should have asked for that piece of document.
I wonder why people always jump to the conclusion that cops are always responsible for their misfortunes.
I am pretty sure you friend would not have been charged with DUI if he blew under the limit. I am sure there is more to the story.
Old 10-18-2005, 10:27 AM

He blew under the limit, but the police can still charge DUI if want to. I'm guessing that the guy's refusal to take the road test p.o.'ed the officer so much that he was going to nail him no matter what. Good point on the tow guys as well.
Old 10-19-2005, 10:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Similar NJ Police story...Cop blew a gasket that he refused to take the road test. Gave him an assortment of tickets (including DUI) and impounded his car.

[/ QUOTE ]

Two things:

First, I call bullshit. NJ police ( and I am assuming most police ) cannot just impound your vehicle. They have to have sufficient reason for the impound, or the lawsuit is a pleasent paycheck for the inconvienience. They can't write a DUI if your friend blew under the limit; instead he was probably given a Careless Driving ticket -- they CAN and DO hand these out often when the pull someone over that they think has been drinking. Why? well they likely pulled your friend over because he was failing to stay in the lane, or otherwise driving erraticly and the CD ticket is the fall back if they blow under the limit and they can't provide evidence of other "influences" ( drugs etc ).

Second, why is it that these cops are always "blowing a gasket" at these people. I have never once had a cop be anything but professional, of course I am usually professional to them -- maybe that is the difference. Realize that they are really trying to do a job, and there is very little reason to give them a bunch of [censored] just because they are.