Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2005, 11:44 AM

Default Re: Kicking a Mod off the island: Discussion thread

I'm all for OOT being as goofy as it can, but once we start messing with other forums it's not cool. Not a great idea.
Old 10-17-2005, 11:51 AM

im a big fan of the other competition but i dont get this one.
Old 10-17-2005, 12:00 PM

This contest is the equivalent of the letting the 5th grade class vote which teacher should get fired. The gym teacher who add little to the education process is safe while the science teacher with a PhD will be in the unemployment line.

Remember to be careful what you wish for.
Old 10-17-2005, 12:10 PM

Lame idea. And unoriginal to boot.
Old 10-17-2005, 12:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]

...I would never have done this had Mat not said he thought it was a good idea, take that into consideration.

[/ QUOTE ]

Perhaps he was giving you enough rope to hang yourself? That's what I'd have done.

btw, most of this fighting sounds like a bunch of little gurls during recess. There have been valid, thoughtful points made, but much of it is nothing but cliques on the attack. These things turn into popularity contests.
Old 10-17-2005, 12:36 PM

[censored] as a #9 seed lost to the #24 seed in the Mod Battle to a Mod that isn't even an OOT Mod. That makes it pretty obvious people don't want him here.
Old 10-17-2005, 01:20 PM

the only issue I have is that Mebenhoe assures that it is a fair vote as I did in my Surivivor. Otherwise as in everypoll it will be determined by the same few people who have a ton of accounts. I'm not talking about like 3-4 accounts but in multiples of 20.
Old 10-17-2005, 01:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the only issue I have is that Mebenhoe assures that it is a fair vote as I did in my Surivivor. Otherwise as in everypoll it will be determined by the same few people who have a ton of accounts. I'm not talking about like 3-4 accounts but in multiples of 20.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are actually people that make 20 accounts just to vote in these polls? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 10-17-2005, 01:34 PM

Remember that help my kid's school win post? People were saying let's go vote literally for hours on end. And for someone we don't even know. If people can do that, they can and will create as many forum alts as they possibly can to bombard a vote.
Old 10-17-2005, 01:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I totally agree with this. The voters should only be ones who had at least 100 post and have been here for 4 months +. Or sometihng along those lines.

I also like the idea that the forum the person moderates in has the final say. That should totally prevent any OOT bias coming into play. So there will be a second chance for the moderator to be saved. I have no problem with making sure each person writes something why the moderator should be booted as well.

I think the whole concept is a bit retarded, but no more than survivor for forum members. Plus, Mat has endorsed it and is using it as a means to make sure we have good mods in place. Mods are given powers to provide for the members, not to serve their own agenda and therefore should fall in line with what the members want. At the end of the day that is what the site owners want as well as they want to keep people happy.

Let's do this!
Closed Thread