Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-15-2005, 01:45 AM

Default Re: PokerAce Hud - Version 0.33 - PokerRoom and Absolute

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
you have to add the instant replay directory under your absolute file, I believe that is the problem.

P.S. GREAT JOB ON POKERACE HUD!! going to be worth $25 easily, hope you make some money for your time and effort

[/ QUOTE ]

How do I do that?

[/ QUOTE ]

You do it in the Preferences. Here's the part of the tutorial that covers it:

http://pokeracesoftware.com/hud/tuto...hp?page=cfgabs
Old 10-15-2005, 01:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think this software is worth far more than $25. I also think would've been in all of our best interest if you charged more (so you have more PAhud income and spend more time on support and updates).

I know you feel compelled to only charge $25 since you said you would at the beginning, but at that point you did not forsee the amount of features and time you would add.

Anyway, you've already announced the price - but I think you should consider charging more for higher limit compatibility. For instance, the $25 version would only work up to $3/$6 and then jump to $50 for higher limits. I know I certainly don't mind paying less than 2BB at $15/$30.

I know I may get flamed for this, but I also know the value of an excellent software developer and I fear you are selling yourself short. Myself, I will be buying at least two copies (and donated in the past).

Anyway - great work, and thanks again.

[/ QUOTE ]

Anyone who feels that PA Hud is worth more than $25 to them can pay as much as they'd like for it. I won't complain. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

There were several factors I considered when pricing. Since it's an add-on application, I considered the price of PokerTracker. Then, there's the factor of what the product does for most people. Most people play at one or two sites, and won't use most of the features. Then there's the competition. GameTime+ is the greatest competitor to PA Hud now and it's free. I personally feel that PA Hud offers more to a user than GameTime+, but charging too much will turn people away.

I briefly considered charging for different limits, but that's way more hassle than it's worth. Besides, most people would not like having to pay for the same application multiple times.

I do appreciate your generosity. Thank you very much.
Old 10-15-2005, 04:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Josh "Poker Ace" is truly THE NUTS.
He has exceeded even the most ambitious expectations.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed.

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks also to Amir and Kross for pioneering the poker HUD as we know it.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a very classy thing to say! Also agree [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Regards,

Rick
Old 10-15-2005, 06:52 AM

How about a sligh adjutment to Showdown history.

Can you make it do the text I>E. AdJhQcKs8d
Look like this:<font color="blue">Ad</font> <font color="red">Jh</font> <font color="green">Qc</font> <font color="black">Ks</font> <font color="blue">8d</font>]

You see the suites in coloured text? If this would be fairly easy to do, I'd appreciate this tiny new feature helps save time when seeing what idiot went to river... then realising he had FlushDraw then hit toppair or so.
Old 10-15-2005, 08:02 AM

I'm having an odd problem. I'm tryign to configure the mucked hands at showdown, and all is fine except I can't seem to find the mucked cards for seat 3. MUCK1, MUCK2, etc. are all in place, but MUCK3 is nowhere to be found. This is happening to me with the Party 10-max and Absolute layouts. MUCK3 is showing up fine on the Party 6-max layout.

Any ideas?
Old 10-15-2005, 12:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
<font color="blue">Ad</font> <font color="red">Jh</font> <font color="green">Qc</font> <font color="black">Ks</font> <font color="blue">8d</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

This is not an easy thing to do with the current design, but I would like to be able to do things like this, so I will probably be making changes to allow for this in the future.
Old 10-15-2005, 12:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm having an odd problem. I'm tryign to configure the mucked hands at showdown, and all is fine except I can't seem to find the mucked cards for seat 3. MUCK1, MUCK2, etc. are all in place, but MUCK3 is nowhere to be found. This is happening to me with the Party 10-max and Absolute layouts. MUCK3 is showing up fine on the Party 6-max layout.

Any ideas?

[/ QUOTE ]

Go to Edit -&gt; Duplicate Player Seat. Select a seat and unhighlight every seat in the list except for 3 and hit OK. That should position the 3 seat for you.
Old 10-15-2005, 03:59 PM

PokerAce,

I'm having a weird problem.

A few days ago I was 10 tabling some party tables and halfway through my session my computer crashed and I restarted. After the restart, PAHud just stopped working altogether.

I've been tweaking it back and forth to try to fix it. I reinstalled, uninstalled then reinstalled, deleted everything then reinstalled--still nothing. My config files are standard and set up. It was working before but it no longer works. I even tried it on absolute poker and still got no love.

The problem is that it doesn't recognize tables. It's really weird, I have no idea whats going on. For the time being, I have super logging enabled but if it's not recognizing tables I don't think anything will go into the logs?

Let me know.
Old 10-15-2005, 11:53 PM

Go ahead and send me the log file and I'll see what I can find.
Old 10-16-2005, 09:56 AM

Josh

How about the ability to create 6MAX layouts on PokerRoom? I only see 10MAX available not 6MAX in the dropdown menu.

Btw this version seems much more stable when utilizing multiple databases.