Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Rake Back
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2005, 03:21 PM

Default Re: Welcome ReduceTheRake

[ QUOTE ]
Inthacup,

Based on what you have posted, Party is going to take action against affiliates like ReduceTheRake that are advertising rakeback on their site, correct?

You have posted this a few times, yet here you have a Welcome thread for a rakeback site that per YOUR POSTINGS is a very unsafe place for people to sign up through.

You know I have a lot of respect for you, Cup, and have recommended you to many people. However, I think you are doing a real disservice to people by taking ad money and promoting a site that is doing the very things that you are advising people to stay away from.

Edited to add: Specifically, I'm referring to their website, which claims they will pay you for playing at Party via "Monthly Inter-Account transfer."

[/ QUOTE ]

Amen.

At best, I see us getting a locked thread with no explanation of why Cup took this action.
Old 10-17-2005, 03:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Inthacup,

Based on what you have posted, Party is going to take action against affiliates like ReduceTheRake that are advertising rakeback on their site, correct?

You have posted this a few times, yet here you have a Welcome thread for a rakeback site that per YOUR POSTINGS is a very unsafe place for people to sign up through.

You know I have a lot of respect for you, Cup, and have recommended you to many people. However, I think you are doing a real disservice to people by taking ad money and promoting a site that is doing the very things that you are advising people to stay away from.

Edited to add: Specifically, I'm referring to their website, which claims they will pay you for playing at Party via "Monthly Inter-Account transfer."

[/ QUOTE ]

Amen.

At best, I see us getting a locked thread with no explanation of why Cup took this action.

[/ QUOTE ]

nobody treats el diablo like that

mess with el diablo and you get the horns!
Old 10-17-2005, 03:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Inthacup,

[/ QUOTE ]

Amen.

[/ QUOTE ]

nobody treats el diablo like that

mess with el diablo and you get the horns!

[/ QUOTE ]

Love the avatar.
Old 10-17-2005, 03:31 PM

Location: Poker is like sex, I have no idea what I am doing and most of the time it is done sitting infront of a computer by myself-NC

guys, things are not as black and white as you suggest. cup is reporting the information straight from the horses mouth. just as empire didnt allow rakeback and neither did eurobet. i however, speak with both sites on a regular basis to help promote their sites.

the party issue is a tad more complicated. and is made so by them, and their henchmen that are inhabiting this board. a number of affiliates, most which just opened affiliate accounts with a larger parent affiliate now have their accounts frozen. so the rush for players last week, that we(me, cup, and rt1) suggested was a rash move for players to make, was indeed as we predicted. i have and had my account at party that is in full operable condition.

so i have insight that player rewards at party are indeed possible, the rush of last week has put this issue in partys headlights and must be kept quiet.

we arent the affiliate policing department. if we havent heard anything bad of an affiliate program, they advertise here and are given a thread and a user. if there are problems with that affiliate we trust that the 2+2 community will out them in that thread and save a future potential player from signing with them in addition to stifling their crooked business.

beyond that, what more do you expect us to do el d?
Old 10-17-2005, 03:34 PM

There is no connection between RakeReduction.com and my site ReduceTheRake.com.
Old 10-17-2005, 04:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
beyond that, what more do you expect us to do el d?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't recall if it was implied or stated directly, but I got the impression from you guys that it would be very dangerous to sign up on sites that advertised Party rakeback on their website. This seems to be confirmed by other posters who seem to know what they are talking about. This website advertises Party rakeback.

I am just passing on what I learned from you guys, that it seems very risky to use this affiliate for Party.

Of course I understand what "is possible" with the right trusted affiliates. This affiliate does not seem to have the same "understanding" of the situation. That's all. Perhaps I'm wrong, if so, feel free to let me know. As I've stated before, I know little about this stuff, just learning from you guys and others here.
Old 10-17-2005, 04:15 PM

However, I think you are doing a real disservice to people by taking ad money and promoting a site that is doing the very things that you are advising people to stay away from.

Diablo, I respect you greatly as well. I think it's a little too early to say that I/we are doing a disservice to players. It has been little more than a week before the split and the dust has hardly settled.

My advice is based on the information I've gathered through my talks with affiliate managers. Most of it has been unofficial, and my advice as changed over the past week as new information has become available. I have advised people to use patience and caution before jumping into a rakeback deal.

I think we should see how the situation develops over the coming days and weeks before we claim to know the 'final' solution.
Old 10-17-2005, 05:10 PM

Yes, Cup, perhaps my words were harsher than they should have been. However, let me explain why I reacted that way.

I thought I understood, based on reading this forum, what to look for and what to stay away from when evaluating affiliates. Then I click on this site from your post, and they appear to be doing exactly what you guys said I should run away from as fast as possible.

That's all. No offense intended, Cup.
Old 10-18-2005, 03:39 AM

This guy asked me to chat via AIM tonight. I did. All I can say is, buyer beware.
Old 10-18-2005, 08:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
4. How many players do you have
Hard to estimate. If I had to guess, I would say 400+

[/ QUOTE ]

What, are you keeping your player database on index cards? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img].

Lost Wages
Closed Thread