Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2005, 02:05 PM

Default Re: 66 in the BB. Playalong.

I think the check raise looks like a lot stronger play. The turn donk may look weak and get raised, which would suck.
Old 10-11-2005, 02:08 PM

i hav a question. can some1 explain something to me?

when considering "mouthbreather" (the loose player who will call randomly on the flop), why is it that we want him to face two cold by a bet and a raise rather than face two by calling and then calling our check raise? someone 'splain.
Old 10-11-2005, 05:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think the check raise looks like a lot stronger play. The turn donk may look weak and get raised, which would suck.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like this. Especially with flushes and straights on the board, I think we may get a free showdown out of this if we want it, even OOP, depending on what Villan thinks of us.
Old 10-12-2005, 12:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Party 2/4.

Table is tight and aggressive except for the mouthbreather to my right and another guy not in this hand.

I get 66 in the BB. It's folded to the hijack (14/12/2ish) who opens with a raise. Mouthbreather calls.

Flop comes 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (I have the 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img])

SB checks. Hero checks. Hijack bets. EP calls. Hero calls.

The turn was the 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Mouthbreather checks. Hero checks. Hijack bets. mouthbreather folds. Hero raises.

Discuss...

[/ QUOTE ]

Results.... <font color="white">Hijack folded to the C/R </font>

Donking the flop seemed lame as hijack might not raise with overs. I considered C/Ring the flop but decided that waiting for a turn blank might give me far greater fold equity especially considering the mouthbreather's presence in the hand. Hijack probably would have called a flop C/R with overs and then I would be forced to bet the turn no matter what hit which can be bad news. As it turned out the turn gave me an excellent semi-bluff card. Donking crossed my mind but since I had such a great semi-bluff card I decided to try the stronger play and possibly take a BB from him in the process. I also thought there was a chance he'd fold a better hand if it didn't have a [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] in it.

I didn't even consider that there was a risk that this guy would take the free river as me and the mouthbreather had done nothing but call the flop and check the turn. He's correctly betting this turn like every time.