Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-10-2005, 08:45 PM

Default Re: Dumping JJ preflop

[ QUOTE ]
So then we're calling with 22-TT as well?

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends on how well the SB can get away from a hand. There is nothing more profitable for me than finding a player that lets you know he has a monster (AA or KK) and you know he won't be able to get away from the hand when you flop a set. The trick is being able to get away from your opponent when he flops a higher set.

-Yarney
Old 10-10-2005, 08:54 PM

Hey Bobbo,

[ QUOTE ]

As in... If you're only playing for a set, it doesnt matter that your hand could be good a big % of the time, because you're going to muck to a continuation bet barring a jack.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a valid point, except for the fact that I did not necessarily intend to muck to a continuation bet. Again, I thought that my hand was probably best, and if I got a reasonable flop, I was going to put some money behind it. Another thing that played into my decision was:

[ QUOTE ]
Only caveat I guess would be since it's live you pick up on something that tells you your hand is good, but I dont have enough live experience to make that read.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a big deal. As it so happened, CO visably grimaced when I called. So, after that, I was very certain that I had the best hand and would have played it as such postflop.

I'm actually still beating myself up over this hand, because when SB limped initially, he kinda did this twitch when he saw his cards. And he wasn't one who limped a lot to begin with. So, I thought to myself, that's kinda odd... But, by the time the action got to me (I think someone was grabbing food or something and it took a minute or two), the tell had slipped my mind (I was REALLY tired...). So, that cost me a couple hundred bucks... I left shortly thereafter.

[ QUOTE ]
Also wondering if you play QQ same way.

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably. Still not 100% sure that it's right, though...

Mike
Old 10-10-2005, 09:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]

This is a big deal. As it so happened, CO visably grimaced when I called. So, after that, I was very certain that I had the best hand and would have played it as such postflop.

I'm actually still beating myself up over this hand, because when SB limped initially, he kinda did this twitch when he saw his cards. And he wasn't one who limped a lot to begin with. So, I thought to myself, that's kinda odd... But, by the time the action got to me (I think someone was grabbing food or something and it took a minute or two), the tell had slipped my mind (I was REALLY tired...). So, that cost me a couple hundred bucks... I left shortly thereafter.

[/ QUOTE ]

These are things that Im sorely missing and trying to get better... That kind of info could save you a good deal of money, whereas I just cant ascertain that info yet! [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
Also wondering if you play QQ same way.

Probably. Still not 100% sure that it's right, though...

Mike

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I'd be confused, but it seems like the best line
Old 10-10-2005, 09:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
These are things that Im sorely missing and trying to get better... That kind of info could save you a good deal of money, whereas I just cant ascertain that info yet! [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's generally not as easy as I made it sound. Again, we had all been playing a long time at this point, and I think we were all a little out of it.

CO generally wouldn't be that easy to read (i.e. he is capable of reverse tells), but at this point, he was really frustrated and clearly thinking something along the lines of:

"I'm the best player at this table and am somehow stuck $2,000. I finally catch a decent hand and this [censored] catches something even better."

The SB is kinda old, so it's highly possible that he was bluffing when he reraised and that the twitch that I saw was just a neurological disorder... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Mike