Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-07-2005, 03:26 PM

Default Re: A 10s in early posistion

[ QUOTE ]
i have move up over the years, and i play the higher limits. 100/200 being the occasional lowest, but almost always higher now. and in these games i usually raise UTG. i have a good image, and if i raise UTG unless a player has a big hand i get a lot of respect. also these games are usually 1 or 2 opponents in a pot. strange how as the players get stronger and the games bigger i make more by raising with ATs UTG.

[/ QUOTE ]

OMG you and I finally agree on something!!!

Raising ATs has lots of benefits. If you're in a good game you're going to get folks calling with all kinds of crap and you have an edge. If you're in a toughish game, the good players behind you are going to be mucking AJ and perhaps even AQ. In essence you are likely cleaning up your A outs and getting hands with overcards to your T in them to fold as well so that you might still have the best hand on a QTx flop.

If you limp, you can't be sure where you stand if someone raises behind you. If you raise and then someone 3-bets, then that says a lot more about their hand and you can play cautiously after the flop.
Old 10-07-2005, 03:31 PM

Limp reraise.
Old 10-07-2005, 03:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Raise or fold.

[/ QUOTE ]or call.
Old 10-07-2005, 05:33 PM

Default Re: My first and last post in Mid-High

Westley, Answering questions is great and one part of this form. However, discussing poker, sharing opinions, and learning, is more of what I think this form is about then answering questions.
Old 10-07-2005, 05:58 PM

Default Re: My first and last post in Mid-High

[ QUOTE ]
Westley, Answering questions is great and one part of this form. However, discussing poker, sharing opinions, and learning, is more of what I think this form is about then answering questions.

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree, but alot of poker discussion, learning, and sharing of opinions starts from even a simple question. I do not want this process to be stymied in any way. If Tex never asked his question I never wouldve been able to read some of your posts in this thread which I thought were insightful.
Old 10-09-2005, 01:33 AM

LMAO!!! good one.

So, i guess this did have some meat in it afterall, Barry?

If not, I guess you wouldnt have responded not just once....but twice.

2+2 consenus here is RAISE A10s early.

Very few calls and folds, and one maniacal limp re-raise(i love it)