Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-06-2005, 09:34 PM

Default Re: Petition To Remove [censored]\'s Moderation Power

[ QUOTE ]
I mean, if you are thinking of posting something, and you thing [censored] might ban you because of it, either a) you're a pussy and we don't want you here or b)the idea probably isn't that good.

[/ QUOTE ] Precisely.
Old 10-06-2005, 09:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Exactly. I think the greatest possibility of this is only the people who don't give a [censored] about being banned post here. A ton of people adding fun/smart/humorous (generally) non offensive posts to worthwhile threads. I mean, if you are thinking of posting something, and you thing [censored] might ban you because of it, either a) you're a pussy and we don't want you here or b)the idea probably isn't that good.

You've been around long enough to see how bad this place has gotten, 1, maybe 2 days a week we have some fun. Why not give this is a shot?

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with you, in part. There is a lot of garbage in here, and I think that it would be one thing to clean up actually worthless threads, but I think that otherwise, you just have to take the good with the bad.

As it is, with things that [censored] has said in the main thread about this, a lot of really, very good threads would never have been started. The Pic War thread never would have been started because [censored] has said that people starting stupid threads about worthless pics would be banned. How many 5 year olds? That's like our claim to fame and if the guy who started it had said "Eh, maybe it's a stupid idea, I don't wanna start it, I could get banned," we would never have ANY fun.
Old 10-06-2005, 09:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Exactly. I think the greatest possibility of this is only the people who don't give a [censored] about being banned post here. A ton of people adding fun/smart/humorous (generally) non offensive posts to worthwhile threads. I mean, if you are thinking of posting something, and you thing [censored] might ban you because of it, either a) you're a pussy and we don't want you here or b)the idea probably isn't that good.

You've been around long enough to see how bad this place has gotten, 1, maybe 2 days a week we have some fun. Why not give this is a shot?

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with you, in part. There is a lot of garbage in here, and I think that it would be one thing to clean up actually worthless threads, but I think that otherwise, you just have to take the good with the bad.

As it is, with things that [censored] has said in the main thread about this, a lot of really, very good threads would never have been started. The Pic War thread never would have been started because [censored] has said that people starting stupid threads about worthless pics would be banned. How many 5 year olds? That's like our claim to fame and if the guy who started it had said "Eh, maybe it's a stupid idea, I don't wanna start it, I could get banned," we would never have ANY fun.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you're worrying about it too much, lets give it a shot. You're a quality poster, people need to have some responsibility for theirselves around here. Plus, I'm getting a little of sick of finding new food items to discuss.
Old 10-06-2005, 10:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not the guy who put it up, but I did sign it.

[/ QUOTE ]
Sorry. Figured the person who created it would be the first to sign it.
Old 10-06-2005, 10:29 PM

Who cares what your opinion is. IMO you should be banned.
Old 10-06-2005, 10:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I think you're worrying about it too much, lets give it a shot. You're a quality poster, people need to have some responsibility for theirselves around here. Plus, I'm getting a little of sick of finding new food items to discuss.

[/ QUOTE ]

My biggest issue is that [censored] hasn't said what he'll ban people for. He's put out some very broad guidelines, but he's basically leaving it up to his discretion. I'm not totally averse to the idea of banning people, but making a single mod for the sole purpose of having carte blanche to ban whoever he wants seems ridiculous.
Old 10-06-2005, 10:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Please vote now.

The future off OOT depends on you.

Click Here

http://www.petitiononline.com/saveoot/

[/ QUOTE ]

Good idea. [Censored] is a douche.
Old 10-06-2005, 10:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
people need to have some responsibility for theirselves around here

[/ QUOTE ]

This message board has like 100 mods with no responsibility or accountability and Mat Sklansky is like the Hitler of it all. Posting on this message board is like living in Russia or Nazi Germany. I seriously have a problem with having to think "will I be banned or not" when I have never caused a problem. And no Im not the OP and I only post on 2+2 occasionally for this very reason.
Old 10-06-2005, 10:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't give a [censored], I could care less if half of you disapeared overnight

[/ QUOTE ]

Who died and made you so important? Having 16000 posts doesnt make you important, just means you have no life. I mean having 16000 posts makes you so cool, big fish in a little pond eh?
Old 10-06-2005, 10:45 PM