Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2005, 05:55 PM

Default OT: HoH for stt\'s ?

Hi and welcome!
Since im basically in the same situation as you are(as in looking for ways to improve my lowlimit sng play) and your thread has gotten some attention i'll make a mini-hijack and ask if the harrington on holdem volumes are good reads for an aspiring sng player?
Volume1 I reckon is about deep stack tournament play, perhaps not all that applicable to sng play as we know it but it might still have important concepts in it?
Volume2 is supposed to be about late play which contrary would be very applicable albeit being somewhat different right?

What i find hardest to evalute is how stack sizes affect my decisions, ofcourse some situations are very intuitive such as being one of two big stacks against a shortie but some, like being one of two semi shortstacks against one big one(like 1500/1500/5000) etc is alot harder, does HOH cover this thoroughly in a manner that is applicable to stt's?

Anyway nice post, half of it felt like you took your words out of my mouth [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]