Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-30-2005, 01:22 PM

Default Re: I drink too much soda

A while ago, el diablo posted about Calistoga Mineral Water which comes flavored in Lime and Lemon. I completely dropped soda (I had approx a 2L per day problem drinking soda, I know I was completely out of control but I was using the caffeine to maintain focus at the tables) in favor of these drinks. On a side note, I moved from Vegas to Chicago and now I cannot find the [censored] Calistoga anymore. Thus I am stuck on Perrier which costs like 2x as much. Hijack, anyone able to help me find some cheaper sparkling mineral water?

BTW, this has already been mentioned but whatever alternative you pick just stop buying soda. It is impossible not to drink it when it is around, but once you stop buying it you pretty much forget all about it.
Old 09-30-2005, 01:26 PM

Splenda is sugar, and, thus, Diet Soda is basically water. After you drink a lot over a long period of time, logic tells me that your liver begins to realize it's not getting sugar. If you're not fat don't worry about it.

My standpoint is, Splenda is fine, Nutrasweet is probably ok but less EV+ [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img].

I ended up here after Toss's SS thread about losing ten dollars on the river because he was reading this post. And I ended up reading every post inside the thread.
Old 09-30-2005, 07:39 PM

Update. It's 4:30 pm and I'm only on my first can. I'm going to try to do no more than 2 cans today.
Old 09-30-2005, 08:19 PM

All this has given me a powerful craving for some ice cold seltzer water.