Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-20-2003, 06:12 PM

Default Re: Rounders: the worst poker i have ever seen

It really depends what he had, and what he put Mike on. No, I'd never make this fold. I would throw in the last call, and then fold on the flop unless I was helped in a huge way by it, for precisely the reasons that you state.

I think they were trying to show a great no limit play, but were sort of limited to having it in a public cardroom where it's unlikely to find a no limit game.

~D
Old 05-27-2003, 06:07 PM

Default Re: The biggest error in the hand

They say that in the movie though. Kanish(sp?) says something like that.
Old 05-28-2003, 06:46 AM

Default Re: Rounders hand

hi ralle
he has mike on the flush. remember, mike is a better player than KGB and mike has KGB on the flush. so, if it's possible for mike to mistakenly put KGB on the flush, it's equally, if not more possible for KGB to make the same error.

they both were wrong.
Old 05-28-2003, 08:08 AM

Default Re: Rounders: the worst poker i have ever seen

I can't believe you people actually do things like slo-mo the movie to try to figure out KGB's hand...

Did you know that in Star Wars if you look closely on video, you can see that the droid that moves from right to left across the screen as Luke stands looking for R2 is actually on a string and being pulled.

Also, when R2 is purchased, you see the Red droid back in line briefly, just before it cuts back to where the Red droid is still being mended where it blew up, several feet away.

And you can only clearly see the Stormtrooper bang his head on the door in the Death Star in slow motion too.

In short, slow motion is great [img]/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

By the way, if I am ever in a movie, and my hand is only Aces full, and I'm up against the hero, I'm sure as hell not calling.

Lori