Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2005, 02:25 PM

Default Re: How widespread is cheating?

[ QUOTE ]
I just wanted to let you all know that I printed out this thread so I could take a crap on it.

[/ QUOTE ]
very rude [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 09-26-2005, 05:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Of course there will be people who collude, but I imagine it really only occurs at the higher limits, and its only a very very small minority of people who partake in it. What I am more worried about is people finding out ways past the encryptions and either being able to see what cards are out/coming out or even able to control the fall of the cards.

[/ QUOTE ]

i have witnessed several of my dumb fraternity brothers try to collude, and i gotta tell ya, they are pretty bad at it and it definately doesn't compensate for their poor play
Old 09-26-2005, 06:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Of course there will be people who collude, but I imagine it really only occurs at the higher limits, and its only a very very small minority of people who partake in it. What I am more worried about is people finding out ways past the encryptions and either being able to see what cards are out/coming out or even able to control the fall of the cards.

[/ QUOTE ]

i have witnessed several of my dumb fraternity brothers try to collude, and i gotta tell ya, they are pretty bad at it and it definately doesn't compensate for their poor play

[/ QUOTE ]

Frat boys are dumb????

craig
Old 09-26-2005, 07:30 PM

I love this attitude. I can mentally picture a 5 year old with his fingers in his ears saying "NAy, Nay, nay, I can't hear you".

It's called cognitive dissonance. It means you can not reconcile your poker-based life with the idea you're getting cheated without recourse. Grow up.
Old 09-26-2005, 07:41 PM

"What he does and holding up a 711 are no different in principle. "

Sh+t like that makes the rest of your position all the more weak.

No one takes a bullet in a SNG hijacking.
Old 09-26-2005, 07:51 PM

It's so much more than that with nearly zero risk. Moving a few chips from large to small stack is +++EV.
Old 09-26-2005, 08:52 PM

I don't post often, but those of you that recognize the name know I usually have something important to say.

1. This is an important thread, because there is already a lot of collusion or the potential for it.

2. The posts I've read so far make the following important points.

I. It's hard not easy, harder at sites that require Neteller like verification.

Low level cheating is easy to spot (raising each other, putting people in the middle in limit games and stupid stuff like that), so successful cheats are using high level cheating, sharing cards.

The high level cheating would give an edge, but not a big one. The HE limit player who calculated a .25 to .5 big bet an hour would probably be close to correct. Most high level cheats are going to focus on pot limit omaha. More cards and the nuts (anyone else have an overwhelming temptation to use a z instead of an s) and the location one card can be huge.

Prizes for winning 6 sngs and sngs in general are the first places cheats would go.

Cheats are stupid and play bad. They also seem logically oblivious to the fact that other people have moral codes and thus love to brag to anyone who will listen.

Finally the sites need to keep constant and aggressive vigilance and they are too stupid to be trusted to do it.

We should encourage Mason to contact the sites and ask them to allow a group of us to check their security system and educate their almost certainly inadequatelly trained personnel. Based on many years of experience, I think we would be shocked at how little they do in this regard.
Old 09-26-2005, 09:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
In fact, as you've admitted to seeing him work, you could be charged as an accessory.

[/ QUOTE ]
Now that's funny. I'll be sure to get a lawyer tomorrow.

[/ QUOTE ]
- I don't think that I'd be laughing. I really would get that lawyer. IMO you're just as guilty as your supposed "friend" if you allow this behavior to go unpunished.
Old 09-26-2005, 09:46 PM

I wouldn't consider someone I meet online as a "friend" you jackass.

The point of this thread is to bring to light how we as players have disadvantages brought upon us by players who cheat.

You seem to think I'm the cheat because I bring it to light.

Posting someones name who isn't me is a low class move also.

You can go to hell dude. No one will miss you. Ya lowlife.
Old 09-26-2005, 09:51 PM

Does he really win often enough to make up for all the extra buy ins?