Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-24-2005, 06:33 PM

Default Re: Ay, Consuelo !

Is it not CO2?.......
Old 09-24-2005, 06:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What is the most abundant "greenhouse gas"?

Hint: ITs also the one whose effects on the climate are least understood.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cow farts?

-ptmusic
Old 09-24-2005, 06:47 PM

Default Re: The Ice Caps on Mars are Melting...

Freon is a chlorofluorocarbon (CFC) that destroys the ozone layer. and I'm pretty sure everyone is in agreement on that one.
Everyone in agreement?????
No, I think the 'science' behind the banning of Freon was extremely shoddy. Politcal hysteria from the sky-is-falling environmental whackos was the main motivation for banning Freon. Ozone is HIGHLY unstable and it does not take much to break it down. Fortunately energy from the sun keeps a steady production of ozone available to maintain the ozone layer. I believe the reaction is 3 O2 + Sun's energy = 2 O3 (ozone).

As for the ozone hole over the South Pole. No one knows how long it has been there or whether the hole has ALWAYS existed. Since the earth's poles receive less of the sun's energy this is thought to be a factor for a ozone hole being located over the south pole. Also the south pole is primarily land why the north pole is primary water. Water holds a lot more energy so there is more potential energy in the north pole than the south pole. This could explain why there is not an ozone hole over the north pole.
Old 09-24-2005, 06:50 PM

Methane is one of the more potent greenhouse gases but quantity-wise it is insignificant when compared to CO2 (even when you factor its increased potency).
Old 09-24-2005, 06:51 PM

Default Re: Global Warming Cause: The Sun is Burning Hotter

[ QUOTE ]
It is interesting that Tony Blair has moved for England to withdraw from the Kyoto treaty.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, he hasn't. Maybe you should change your news sources.

Limbaugh falsely claimed that Blair "pulled Great Britain out of the Kyoto Protocol"
Old 09-24-2005, 06:57 PM

Interesting......
I think a lot of G8 leaders are having second thoughts about Kyoto. Limbaugh has been uncannying accurate on many political predictions so I'm going to wait and see if Limbaugh was correct about Blair or if his information about Blair was incorrect.
Old 09-24-2005, 07:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Interesting......
I think a lot of G8 leaders are having second thoughts about Kyoto. Limbaugh has been uncannying accurate on many political predictions so I'm going to wait and see if Limbaugh was correct about Blair or if his information about Blair was incorrect.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is unbelievably ridiculous. It wasn't a "prediction", the article explains how Limbaugh got it wrong. The UK government was defending Kyoto just last week.
Old 09-24-2005, 08:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

show me water vapor!
Old 09-24-2005, 11:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

show me water vapor!

[/ QUOTE ]

Correct. And the effects of water vapor on the climate are not understood very well at all by scientists.
Old 09-24-2005, 11:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Interesting......

[/ QUOTE ]

That is unbelievably ridiculous. It wasn't a "prediction", the article explains how Limbaugh got it wrong. The UK government was defending Kyoto just last week.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Freon is a chlorofluorocarbon (CFC) that destroys the ozone layer. and I'm pretty sure everyone is in agreement on that one.
Everyone in agreement?????
No, I think the 'science' behind the banning of Freon was extremely shoddy. Politcal hysteria from the sky-is-falling environmental whackos was the main motivation for banning Freon. Ozone is HIGHLY unstable and it does not take much to break it down. Fortunately energy from the sun keeps a steady production of ozone available to maintain the ozone layer. I believe the reaction is 3 O2 + Sun's energy = 2 O3 (ozone).

As for the ozone hole over the South Pole. No one knows how long it has been there or whether the hole has ALWAYS existed. Since the earth's poles receive less of the sun's energy this is thought to be a factor for a ozone hole being located over the south pole. Also the south pole is primarily land why the north pole is primary water. Water holds a lot more energy so there is more potential energy in the north pole than the south pole. This could explain why there is not an ozone hole over the north pole.

[/ QUOTE ]

If this thread is any sign, my brave journey into the world of the right-wing media could literally send me to a different world entirely. Gulp, wish me luck.