Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-18-2005, 04:51 PM

Default Re: How To Get Rid of Insane Crackheads?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
get a leash for her and tie her to a pole outside.

[/ QUOTE ]

dont forget to put water in her dish

[/ QUOTE ]

Those pretzels are making her thirsty!
Old 09-18-2005, 11:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
by crackhead standards she isint weird at all. This isint even a problem. Im so sorry you had to talk to a strange girl for an hour.

[/ QUOTE ]

What? Is he somehow obligated to entertain his roommate's crackhead friends? You make it sound like he's being a jerk for not wanting to have psycho crackheads in his apartment.
Old 09-19-2005, 12:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
because they are a combination of drugs and insanity.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is so beuatiful and horrible.
Old 09-19-2005, 12:26 AM

I work with the public and I have to deal with crazy people everyday often they are also druggies. Here is my take on it.

Why do these people always have a fit in public?

They know when they have an audience and it makes them act way freakier than they normally would. And on the same line of reasoning they can also sense who is in control. Like a dog sensing fear if they know you will let them act out they will go for it. Now you might think this means you need to be big and tough and kick some ass. Not so at all you do not want to escalate the situation you want to end it.

I have seen little old ladies put druggies and crazies in thier place. It is the same with kids they can sense who is in control. Don't let them act a little crazy stop it the second it starts. Be blunt and tell them they are talking crazy and they should either stop it or leave. Many parents have noticed thier kids are much quiter when I am around. Why because I tell that kid he needs to quite down everytime he starts. Unless of course it is a time to make noise then hell let the kid have fun.

Now when these freaks get going the normal reaction is to avoid eye contact and pretend like their freaky behavior is not so bad. When what you should do is stop and look them right in the eye and say "Listen buddy your freaking the hell out and you either stop it or get out of here as I am not here to give life advice to strangers I don't even know I got my own problems and that’s enough for me."

If they don't stop or it gets worse you don't tell them again you do something. Leave the situation, phone the cops, go in your buddies room and tell them the chick is out of line and get her out of there.

Common sense is the key and not getting emotional about it while at the same time leaving them no wiggle room. Either act normal or I am leaving, you are leaving, or better yet someone is coming to get your freak ass out of here.

This is a skill you will need as the crazies and druggies are all over and it is just a matter of time before you run into one trying to get his or her freak on in your presence.

Edit to add:

Don't worry if they threaten you but do not ignore it. Think why she threatened you. She said every crazy thing she could come up with and you sat there and did not react. So she goes over the top looking for you to do something. Problem is now she thinks she is in control when she is around you. And she is right.

People that make threats like this when they have zero reason to be angry at the person they are threatening have no intention of doing it. That's why they make the threat as a threat is much easier than actually doing it. So don't lose any sleep over the threats. Just take control of the situation if it comes up again as things will only get worse if you don't.

Remember I'm just some random guy so there is a good chance I am dead wrong also.
Old 09-19-2005, 12:40 AM

There's some solid stuff in that advice. But there are so many types of crazies.

Plenty of people play for the crowd. Heck, all of us do; almost everyone's personality differs, sometimes radically, depending on the crowd they're in. But many people play to the crowd destructively and are looking to "go off" on anyone they can find who will sit still and endure it like a sucker. Non-crazy people, too. It's common behavior among all types of people, like office gossips or neighborhood bullies -- trying to embroil others in their crazyness or negativity or anger. Panicked people who come into some kind of existence in their own mind by incorporating you.

Then again there are those who don't even know they're talking, or don't know if anyone else is even there and not a figment of their imagination. There are a lot of different kinds of crazy.
Old 09-19-2005, 12:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
by crackhead standards she isint weird at all. This isint even a problem. Im so sorry you had to talk to a strange girl for an hour.

[/ QUOTE ]

What? Is he somehow obligated to entertain his roommate's crackhead friends? You make it sound like he's being a jerk for not wanting to have psycho crackheads in his apartment.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is an isolated incedent. normally he just goes in his room and they leave soon. If it bothers him he can talk to his housemates....but it sounds like the only trouble this caused him was talking to a crackhead once for a small while. He acts liek she isint even human and talking to her for 30 min was terrible. Big DEal.