Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-18-2005, 07:08 PM

Default Re: Grief

[ QUOTE ]
Doesn't anyone of you have a mother? Go ask her about all this. Tell your mom how you feel about Sheehan, that you think she is a looney and needs a straitjacket.

[/ QUOTE ]

My mother thinks Sheehan is a “despicable opportunist” her direct quote.

Flip it around. Same administration, same war.

My son voluntarily joins up and is sent to Iraq. (just like hers). He’s killed. I’m invited along with other families to the WH to meet the President where he expresses sympathy for our loss. I decide that my son’s sacrifice was in vain and I want to meet with the President again.

I go to Crawford and camp out in the same ditch demanding that the President meet with me. I start spouting off to the media how the President’s actions weren’t strong enough, we should have gone over there with everything we had. If President Bush had blown them all to hell, killed all the insurgents, and treated Iraq like Japan in WWII my son would not have been killed. The Uber right, like Limbaugh, Hannity, Coluter, Roberstson and such flock to my aid and egg me on. It’s now a media circus, Quotes like “why didn’t you nuke them so my son would be alive” resonate over the AM airwaves.

Would President Bush meet with me? Hell no; because I’ve created my own “tin foil hat”

I’d be labeled a “lunatic fringe whack job” - just like Cindy Sheehan
Old 09-18-2005, 07:10 PM

Default Re: A John Cole question

[ QUOTE ]
Quote:
Straight question – yes or no: Do you honestly think her New Orleans ramble is that of a non-delusional lucid person?

[/ QUOTE ]

Answer the question - yes or no
Old 09-18-2005, 07:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The Uber right, like Limbaugh, Hannity, Coluter, Roberstson

[/ QUOTE ]

This cast of characters constitutes the 'uber' right now? Yikes. I'd hate to see what the JV team looks like.
Old 09-18-2005, 07:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This cast of characters constitutes the 'uber' right now? Yikes. I hate to see what the JV team looks like.

[/ QUOTE ]

Limbaugh can be entertaining, I find Coluter and Hannity pretty shrill and Roberson just plain needs a CAT scan [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

But how about addressing the point?
Old 09-18-2005, 07:15 PM

Default Flipper

[ QUOTE ]
My mother thinks Sheehan is a “despicable opportunist” her direct quote.

[/ QUOTE ]
I wish your mother never has to go through what Sheehan had to go through (still goes through, as a matter of fact).

I did not ask what your mother thinks of Sheehan. I asked you to ask her to imagine herself in Sheehan's position. And then explain to you how that would feel. And what she would do then.

[ QUOTE ]
I’d be labeled a “lunatic fringe whack job” - just like Cindy Sheehan.

[/ QUOTE ]
Nope, not by me, and not by almost anyone who oppose this war, I would think.

One would surely criticise your position, even very harshly, but one would not question your sanity. No calls for the doctors to put you in a straitjacket.
Old 09-18-2005, 07:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Limbaugh can be entertaining

[/ QUOTE ]:rustle rustle:

Well

:rustle rustle:

Depends on what you mean by entertaining.

:rustle rustle:
Old 09-18-2005, 07:26 PM

Default Re: Flipper

OK...in 27 parts.......

[ QUOTE ]
Doesn't anyone of you have a mother?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes

[ QUOTE ]
Go ask her about all this.

[/ QUOTE ]
I did, she thinks Seehan is a “despicable opportunist”

[ QUOTE ]
Tell your mom how you feel about Sheehan, that you think she is a looney and needs a straitjacket.

[/ QUOTE ]
She agrees

[ QUOTE ]
Tell her to put herself in Sheehan's position, with you six feet under from a bullet in Iraq, and have her explain to you how she would feel then.

[/ QUOTE ]

She lost two brothers in WWII and a nephew in Vietnam, so she understands grief from war. The direct quote is this” If you felt the need, I would support you in your decision, I would morn your loss, but I would not seek to gain from your death.”

Now…answer my question.
Old 09-18-2005, 07:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I wish your mother never has to go through what Sheehan had to go through (still goes through, as a matter of fact).

[/ QUOTE ]

Thankfully for slamdunkpro's mother, he's a little too preocupied with posting on the internet to go fight in a war, or anything too dangerous like that. He's got a real job here at home: letting the liberals on 2+2 know who's boss. Can you even check TownHall from an army outpost in Iraq? I doubt it.
Old 09-18-2005, 08:21 PM

Default The Sins of the Father

Yankee fans to Pedro Martinez: "Who's your Daddy?"

No chance.
Old 09-18-2005, 08:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I did not ask what your mother thinks of Sheehan. I asked you to ask her to imagine herself in Sheehan's position. And then explain to you how that would feel. And what she would do then.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, there are LOTS of mothers in Cindy Sheehan's position, yet most of them DIDN'T do what she did.

It is possible to grieve deeply, yet still remain mostly rational, Cyrus ("occupied New Orleans", "what it would take for one of them to shoot me"...I mean, come on).

I don't think she needs a straitjacket yet, but she might well be heading in that general direction.