Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-16-2005, 06:23 AM

Default Re: Is cocaine bad for you?

If doctors and stock traders can manage to do a decent job while high on cocaine or heroin (and they do, many of them function well for years or longer), then I don't really see why an online poker player couldn't do it.
Old 09-16-2005, 06:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If doctors and stock traders can manage to do a decent job while high on cocaine or heroin (and they do, many of them function well for years or longer), then I don't really see why an online poker player couldn't do it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Feel free to let yourself be operated on by such doctors, and to allow such stockbrokers to manage your money. I'll pass on that.
Old 09-16-2005, 07:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Firstly, I wouldn't trust anything an anonymous online player told me in chat. And secondly, since I am a winning player at the limits I gave, the odds that anyone who is better than me regularly plays high are obviously so small as to not be worth trying to demonstrate.

Allow me to turn this around. You go multitable those limits while high every night for a month and report back to us next month and tell us how you did.

[/ QUOTE ]

No. You do not just get to turn debates on their side because of how you want it to turn out. Firstly, that is not what you said:[ QUOTE ]

I am also quite sure that of those who are and who play at the same stakes I do (1K/2K buyins in plo and nl), there are 0% who play while high.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is obviously wrong. But, I am willing to forgive you inability to express yourself properly and bet that there are winning players who play, occasionally, while high.

Secondly, please stop trying to drag me into your claims and challenges. This is not about me. It is about people in general and your lack of understanding about them. Let's face it, you are extremely naive as to what many people do during their free time.
Old 09-16-2005, 07:54 AM

You are the one who challenged me first with a bet.

[ QUOTE ]
Let's face it, you are extremely naive as to what many people do during their free time.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know very well what people do in their free time, whether those things are what I do or not. I've been around and seen plenty. And it is you who are either extremely naive or stupid to assume that winning players at the higher limits regularly play while high.
Old 09-16-2005, 08:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
And it is you who are either extremely naive or stupid to assume that winning players at the higher limits regularly play while high.

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks for changing your wording, again.

If you think you are right, then accept the [censored] bet. Don't change it, don't make excuses.

Or say, sorry, I'm wrong this time.

All we have to do is start a thread in MHNL with the simple post:
"Winning 5-10 players and Up"
Do you ever play while high? How regularly do you do so if yes? How long have you been playing and winning at these levels.

We can leave it up for a week or until you are proven wrong.

And you are extremely naive to believe that there are not functioning and successful people in the world who use drugs and alcohol, even on a regular basis! Drug and alochol users, look out, they're all around you.

Another question, simply for the sake of my own curiosity, where do you live?
Old 09-16-2005, 10:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Feel free to let yourself be operated on by such doctors, and to allow such stockbrokers to manage your money. I'll pass on that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Quite obviously given the choice I would also rather be operated on by a surgeon who wasn't a Heroin addict. But that doesn't mean they don't exisit, and it also doesn't mean they don't manage to function quite reasonably.
Old 09-16-2005, 11:22 AM

Yes. Because of the wording is cocaine bad for "you". I went to Florida for a couple of weeks vacation. When I got back I had not lifted weights for those 2 weeks and so was a little tiered. I drank 3 cups of coffee and then did my workout.

Bad idea. Heart palpataions for weeks finally went to a doctor who asked what caused it. I explained and he said "No more uppers for you."

So in my case it is definatly bad.
Old 09-16-2005, 11:24 AM

In my wife's case definatly good. She had her gall bladder out and without the cocaine based pain medication the doc's gave her I am certain it would have been a less fun experiance.
Old 09-16-2005, 01:51 PM

I don't like cocaine to much, I just like how it smells.
[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 09-16-2005, 04:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I am also quite sure that of those who are and who play at the same stakes I do (1K/2K buyins in plo and nl), there are 0% who play while high.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ask and report back. I'll bet $100 straight up that there are some posters who play those games occasionally while high.

[/ QUOTE ]

You would win. *Raises hand*

Have played drunk and/or high for $3000+ buyins (cash games) and $1000+ buyins for tournaments. And I'm still a winning player. But, I would say I drink/smoke about 5% of the time while playing. Mainly because I don't like having to piss every 30 minutes, or the hunger that strikes me when smoking. This still doesn't mean that I don't do it.

I've met a few people that say getting high helps them focus. I can't say the same for myself.