Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2005, 01:48 PM

Default Re: Federer

[ QUOTE ]
Wasn't much of a void between Sampras and Federer. Sampras won the US Open in 2002 and Federer won Wimbledon in 2003, I think.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sampras was no longer a great player from about 99' on. His last US Open was a massive fluke and he knew it, although he did play great in that final.
Old 09-13-2005, 06:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Roddick is the only one who maybe has the raw talent, but he needs a lot of work before he can seriously challenge Federer. This guy is just ridiculous.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't even think Roddick has the raw talent to compete with Federer, but even if he does, I agree that he needs a lot of work.
Old 09-13-2005, 07:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What sport are we talking about? I don't have this "Federer" on any of my fantasy football teams.

[/ QUOTE ]

Benching Federer for Arrington this week was a huge mistake.
Old 09-14-2005, 07:39 PM

simple math.
Federer won 58% of the points with his second serve, Federer won 70% of the GAMES in which his oponent serve, I didnt even do a simul. Its obvious Federer would have won anyway.
Ill do round 2.
Old 09-14-2005, 07:55 PM

round 2 might require more work from me, in fact he might even lose.
No tough math required here, federer clearly loses againt Santoro. ( he won 7-5, 7-5, 7-6).
He won 49% of the points on his second serve. ( He defeats Agassi on the final AND defeats Hewitt on semi-finals so its not like I was that wrong)
Anyway Federer lost on second round on my second serve only simul, I still think Federer would be top 5( not top 2, ok)...I might simulate Wimbledon.

Method used: Percentage of points won by federer on his second serve VS Percentage of points won by feferers oponent on his serve, the number thats higher win, not good enough for you?? Come up with something better.( this is not direct at anybody on special, just dont criticze my system)
Old 09-14-2005, 08:15 PM

You seem to be implying that if Federer can win 51% of his second serve points, he'll hold serve every time. How could someone not find fault with your system?
Old 09-14-2005, 08:31 PM

Im implying that if Federer wins 51% of the time he serves but his oponent will win 52% of the time, he will lose.
Im also implying that if Federer wins 58% of the time with his second serve and his oponent only 57% of the time (IM NOT TAKING FIRST SERVE FROM FEDERER OPONENTS) he will win. In fact Federer won 58% of his second serve points against Hewitt and Hewitt only won 57% of his total serving points, am I wrong implying that Federer would have won??