Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-11-2005, 07:06 PM

Default Re: is this bothersome? more potential teamwork at stars

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Fine, Gigabet is a good guy. But this is, by the letter, cheating. Fine, I don't really have a problem with it, but call a spade a spade.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm just pissed that i'm not good friends with an elite poker player who can help ME out from time to time ...

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, this would be helpful. i think these guys are getting heat because they are big names. if they were no bodies like us no one would care
Old 09-11-2005, 07:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Fine, Gigabet is a good guy. But this is, by the letter, cheating. Fine, I don't really have a problem with it, but call a spade a spade.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm just pissed that i'm not good friends with an elite poker player who can help ME out from time to time ...

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, this would be helpful. i think these guys are getting heat because they are big names. if they were no bodies like us no one would care

[/ QUOTE ]

actually, that wasn't the point of my post.

a) i don't think it's ethical to play 2 accounts in the same tournament, regardless of intention ... whether that person chooses to use it or not, that person has an unfair advantage vs. the field - that's undeniable.

b) i do think people, and PokerStars in particular, would care if "nobodies" did the same thing. don't you think Stars has a vested interest in providing fair games on their site? having the same person simultaneously playing multiple accounts in the same tournament hardly qualifies as "fair".

c) i believe this happens on a fairly regular basis, however, and i'm not "shocked" to hear that it happens among elite players. that doesn't make it any more ethical, however.

d) yes, it is getting more attention because "name" players are involved. then again, everything gets more attention when "names" are involved.
Old 09-11-2005, 08:05 PM

I really think people worrying about this is ridiculous. It may be cheating, but it isn't unethical in any meaningful way. I really don't think the 1 player to a hand rule applies to internet poker either, regardless of this always being the case beforehand as well. I worry about this about as much as I worry about pooping out an organ.
Old 09-11-2005, 08:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I really think people worrying about this is ridiculous. It may be cheating, but it isn't unethical in any meaningful way. I really don't think the 1 player to a hand rule applies to internet poker either, regardless of this always being the case beforehand as well. I worry about this about as much as I worry about pooping out an organ.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its unethical if you dont plan to sit out one account if both players make it to the same table. I know of people who have made the final table under 2 accounts and they talk about how they go out of their way to not cheat and act like that's okay. Its not okay, and I think that if a player openly admits they were using 2 accounts to play in a tournament and then one of those accounts should win money, then that prize should be forfeited, and the next players in line should receive the money.

Also some tournaments don't have 1500 players, sometimes they have 100-200 and it becomes much more likely that pepole will be at the same table together. Do we now have to have a cutoff for how many players are in the event before it becomes unethical?

Of course I understand that its very unlikely that an advantage was to be gained in this spot, nor would it ever stop me from playing in a tournament. However the world doesn't revolve around me any more than it revolves around you. This is something that if known, could severely discourage people from playing, and is illegal. How you could say that's not unethical is beyond me.
Old 09-11-2005, 11:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is something that if known, could severely discourage people from playing, and is illegal. How you could say that's not unethical is beyond me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Totally agree

I don't understand how some people don't get it and how some are just mute. There have been always people trying to cheat, trying to push any angle; before the internet and now with the internet. There has been always people that just because they are good they think they are above the game. And there are the mutes, just reaping the gains and who do not feel any responsability at all. But as with B&M; conditions were improved despite the cheaters objections and the mutes; the conditions of internet poker will be improved also.