Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-09-2005, 11:31 AM

Default Re: people that are vegetarian

[ QUOTE ]
I've been a vegetarian for 9 years, and a vegan for 5. Short version: my idea of morality entails living one's life to the fullest while causing the least amount of pain possible to everyone else. Animals feel pain, therefore I'd like to avoid giving it to them unless I have to. It so happens that we, as a society, don't have to. In fact, in a lot of ways, it's better if we don't. While I know that I'm not saving any cows by not eating hamburgers (someone in this thread has already offered to eat my share of hamburgers for me, generous soul), I hope that by my lifestyle I can act as an example that one can live a full and healthy life without the animal products that we take for granted, and sometimes delude ourselves into regarding as necessities.

[/ QUOTE ]

I refuse to disrespect thousands of years of hard work by my anscestors getting to the top of the food chain by wasting it by acting like I'm on the bottom. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 09-09-2005, 11:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Kumbaya my Lord, kumbayaaaa... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hold me.
Old 09-09-2005, 11:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I refuse to disrespect thousands of years of hard work by my anscestors getting to the top of the food chain by wasting it by acting like I'm on the bottom. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Very nice! I'll use this sometime. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 09-09-2005, 11:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I've been a vegetarian for 9 years, and a vegan for 5. Short version: my idea of morality entails living one's life to the fullest while causing the least amount of pain possible to everyone else. Animals feel pain, therefore I'd like to avoid giving it to them unless I have to. It so happens that we, as a society, don't have to. In fact, in a lot of ways, it's better if we don't. While I know that I'm not saving any cows by not eating hamburgers (someone in this thread has already offered to eat my share of hamburgers for me, generous soul), I hope that by my lifestyle I can act as an example that one can live a full and healthy life without the animal products that we take for granted, and sometimes delude ourselves into regarding as necessities.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the funniest one I've heard. Second best was my baby sister asking me "if you like animals so much, why are you always eating their food?"
Old 09-09-2005, 11:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Second best was my baby sister asking me "if you like animals so much, why are you always eating their food?"

[/ QUOTE ]

Also very good. That one will be filed away as well. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 09-09-2005, 11:37 AM

This is the funniest one I've heard. Second best was my baby sister asking me "if you like animals so much, why are you always eating their food?"

LOL
Old 09-09-2005, 11:39 AM

Old 09-09-2005, 11:41 AM

The caption here needs to read: "Which would you rather be?"

Old 09-09-2005, 11:44 AM

How about a caption:

What looks tastier, dried up green/brown stuff, or nice red stuff? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-09-2005, 11:50 AM

Default Re: people that are

jakethebake
Why so mad no one said you sould be a vegetarian.