Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-09-2005, 12:43 PM

Default Re: sklanksy\'s iq

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

They also demand an entry IQ (based on their tests) of 150 (not the 140 that is implied by the photo above).

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry to say this but you are wrong here, but not totally wrong. First the foto did not implied that you need to get above 140. It implied that you need to get over 130. He got 140 that is why there was a ring at 140. To get into mensa then you need to have a IQ in the topp 2%. With sd 15 as this test was in, that mean you need to get 132 or 131. Do not remember for sure. But if you count in another SD then you get diffrent scores. I am preaty sure there is some SD that mean that you need to get a score above 148. Do not remembe which one. It might be that one you have heard about....

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry for the error, I checked their site, and you are correct. When I and took my first Mensa test there was a very strict entry - score 150 or higher on their IQ test. They had no provisions for SD from other IQ tests.

Dogmeat [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Old 09-09-2005, 01:36 PM

Alot of brains on this board apparently.

I've taken 3 "real" IQ tests in my life and got between 139 and 145 on all of them. I've also gotten in the 99%+ of every standardized test I've ever taken... why am I still grinding at .5/1?? [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 09-09-2005, 01:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I've taken 3 "real" IQ tests in my life and got between 139 and 145 on all of them. I've also gotten in the 99%+ of every standardized test I've ever taken... why am I still grinding at .5/1?? [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
Its not how high ur IQ is, but how u use it, that is important [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 09-09-2005, 04:30 PM

The max score is ">145" if you get all 39 right.

I really scored 130, which is 33/39, then got another 4 after the time limit, then figured out which were the right answers to the last couple by trial and error.

If you really want to know the answer to 39, just answer the first 5 right, then skip to 39 and guess. The score will change when you get it right.

I think the "IQ" scores here are very rough. Would need a test like this to be officially normed, which I doubt this one is.
Old 09-09-2005, 05:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Its not how high ur IQ is, but how u use it, that is important [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

NH! But I guess that poker is more than IQ. And practice and to be some addicted will probably help too..
Old 09-09-2005, 05:50 PM

i got 1 higher than my actual IQ.
Old 09-09-2005, 05:51 PM

www.highiqsociety.com has good tests
Old 09-10-2005, 10:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Often people with stratospheric intelligence become alienated by society and crumble dreaming of the ubermensch...

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 09-11-2005, 12:23 AM

On the other end of the spectrum, the medically accpeted definition of Mental Retardation is an IQ below 75, and the test will not give you an answer if its below a 79.
Old 09-11-2005, 03:24 AM

scored 135.

Got bored at the end of the test and quickly selected the last 3 answers, just picked what looked right...no idea if they were.