Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-06-2005, 09:45 PM

Default Re: dan druff revisited

[ QUOTE ]

I've played with druff at the 30-60 on PS, and he was nothing but a gentleman.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really whats your screen name there? I've played with him too and anyone that has, knows he acts like a dick online too.

Dan, cut it out, this is getting really, really sad.
Old 09-06-2005, 09:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Difference is Arieh knows he acted like an ass and everybody except Josh was saying that espn made him look worse than he really was (even Fossilman said that)....but he still did act like an ass, it was just maginfied. Josh didn't go on a tirade on every forum and newsgroup the inet has on a clear his name campaign, Josh knows how he acted so he just apologized and moved on and tries really hard not to be "that guy".

[/ QUOTE ]

That's sort of true...

He came on here and said that he wasn't a bad guy--no tirade like in the ostensibly fake David Williams post though. He conveniently didn't address his comments to Demetriou and did not really apologize.

While he came off as worse than he probably was on ESPN, he was enough of a jerk to appear that way when edited. Based on how he looked to himself when he watched the ESPN broadcasts, he cleaned up his act significantly. Apparently he's now the real poker gentleman that Phil Hellmuth was not able to be.

So, he didn't really take responsibility (IMO), he did change himself for the better which is something.

I haven't seen Dan's antics, but it doesn't sound good...
Old 09-06-2005, 09:52 PM

"Tool" is common slang. Lame flame.
Old 09-06-2005, 11:03 PM

Who gives a [censored] about this geek?
Old 09-07-2005, 08:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I started this thread 30 mins. ago and have already received 7 replies. Maybe you fellas should think about doing something more productive with your lives...

[/ QUOTE ]

isn't this the definition of irony?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I'm also a fan of anyone who uses "its lame to insult people" as a reason to insult people.

For the record , I know I often register a new account on a forum for the sole purpose of starting threads to defend some random person who I don't know and have no reason to care what anybody else thinks about said person.
Old 09-07-2005, 09:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I've played with druff at the 30-60 on PS, and he was nothing but a gentleman.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right, don't listen to these haters.
I spent a couple of hours in the presence of Mike the Mouth, at a movie theatre, and he was nothing but a gentleman the whole time. I don't know where folks get this stuff about him.

ok, I lied about seeing the Mouth, but I can almost guarantee you that if I did see him at the movies, he wouldn't be as bad as some of these folks make him out to be.

and hell, I almost forgot about that time Dan Harrington was running down the airport corridor with his arms full of luggage, and this fellow says, "hey, Dan, how about an autograph?"
You know what he said, this is unbelievable! "Sorry, I've got to catch a plane."
What an ass.
Old 09-07-2005, 10:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]

So many "im not him" supporters b/c anyone who says anything positive about druff is accused of being him, under an alias.

Im not a "druff supporter" just someone who had a little time on his hands, and gets annoyed of the sheep mentality this site exudes. It's the guy's first time on TV acting foolishly exhuberant in a pressure situation and gets crucified for it. It just appeared to me that one flame perpetuated another and so on.

Look at it this way, Druff is now identified, while all of the negative flamethrowers remain annonymous, how much balls does tat take?

[/ QUOTE ]

He acted like a complete loser. That is a fact. Does that make him less of a poker player, of course not. he definitely did what most of us will never do, but that doesnt make him less of a tool. The way he swung his jacket around was very dorky. And since he was on TV we are making fun. That is the price you pay when you go on TV, you can look really cool (like ivey) or you can come off as a jerk (like arieh last year) or you can come off as a nerd (dandruff).

He CHOSE to play in an event that was going to be televised if he made it to the final table. he put himself in the public eye and has to deal with it. Let him make a final table next year and not act like a dork and people will slowly forget about it. most people have already gotten over ariehs antics.
Old 09-07-2005, 10:46 AM

complete goofball this dandruff guy
Old 09-07-2005, 05:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"like dogs to girls on the rag" ---who says that??? really... wtf, is it me or is that one of the most random ways to describe people posting. ever.. thanks, I was just about to eat and then someone describes dogs smelling a period ridden crotch of a girl. thanks for that you coat swinging period juice pervert.

[/ QUOTE ]

Post of the year.
Old 09-07-2005, 06:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
"like dogs to girls on the rag" ---who says that??? really... wtf, is it me or is that one of the most random ways to describe people posting. ever.. thanks, I was just about to eat and then someone describes dogs smelling a period ridden crotch of a girl. thanks for that you coat swinging period juice pervert.

[/ QUOTE ]

Post of the year.

[/ QUOTE ]

I laughed even harder the second time.....