Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-06-2005, 05:23 PM

Default Re: Why I love soccer.

i may have been harsh when i said it was alright. i just havent watched enough games to really understand the intricacy of the game, or know how good plays are. hopefully when i enter a better soccer atmosphere i will learn more.

i live near detroit now.
Old 09-06-2005, 05:45 PM

Default Re: Why I love soccer.

A quick guideline is 3 runs=1 goal. Now imagine a team coming back from 9 runs on game 7, ok now were getting the hang of thigs.
A goal in soccer means a lot more than a score on almost every other sport.
I really think ppl would pay more atention to the MLS if two teams played Libertadores each year...In south America football is a total different thing, I think that if US soccer continues to improve and starts getting some international action, soccer could ( and should IMO) become americas third biggest sport, u know something to do while the baseball regular season is going on.
Old 09-09-2005, 02:06 AM

Default Blue Is The Colour

Between the two main Manchester clubs (trivia: name a third one?) I rather go for Manchester City than the Red Devils.

And Francis Lee did for me. George Best, Dennis Law and Bobby Charlton were all world class but did not have the guts of that guy.

He was the one that started brawiling with the Brazilians in order to get them off their self-assurance, in the legendary World Cup 1970 game. England had a better team then than the team that had won the Cup four years before.